Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-5500 CPU @ 2.40Ghz

(RAM) 8.00 GB

64 bit

I have a problem with audio on my laptop. It keeps automatically adjusting itself based on the volume level. In YouTube or iTunes, the same thing happens: If I turn the volume DOWN, the pc will adjust the volume to sound as if it never was adjusted. Same with the other way around: Turn it UP and it will adjust the volume DOWN. The only reliable way to adjust volume is by manually going into the HP Speaker control to keep the volume at a certain 'maximum'. 

It has nothing to do with Beats Audio, I tested it by turning Beats on and off. Also, Beats has no options for an "automatic volume adjustment" feature. 

My audio device is: "Speaker/HP Realtek High Definition Audio". In this device's Properties, there is no option tab for "Automatic Loudening". The only tabs are: 'General', 'Levels' and 'Advanced'. None of these have the option of disabling 'Automatic Volume Loudening Adjustment.'

Also, I am using headphones plugged into the jack...but I'm not sure if that makes any difference?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @C-O-Z-M-O-S,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the volume automatically adjusting, and wanted to assist you!

You can try going into the Volume Mixer, and adjusting the System Sounds, to see if that works.  There is a Communications tab, with additional options.  Adjusting that option may resolve the issue for you.  Here is a link to help you with this: How to Disable Auto System Sounds Leveling in Windows 7

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the "thumbs up" below.

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

No, I'm sorry that solution did not work for me.

The "Communications Tab" contains options for how the microphone adjusts audio and I have always had it ticked to "Do Nothing".

Also, the link you provided contains help for Windows 7. I have Windows 8.1 installed. 

Thanks for the reply anyway. 

HP Recommended

Hello @C-O-Z-M-O-S,

Thank you for the quick reply!

I did try looking for the information in the eightforums, but was unable to find it.  However, the idea of going into the Communications Tab to change the settings are relatively the same for both Operating Systems.  Have you always had this issue, or did it start to happen recently?  You may consider performing a System Restore, or possibly uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers.  If you are still having trouble, then I would recommend contact HP Phone Support for more options.  

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Best of Luck!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have always had this issue since I bought the laptop. I've had it now for about 2 weeks. 

I'll try re-installing the drivers and maybe try a System Restore, aslong as it doesn't delete any of my files. 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue with my brand new HP Pavilion Notebook. Ive had it for almost a month now and have tried literally everything to no avail. I have searched everywhere for answeres, yet there are none. Whenever im watching a YouTube video the laptop will periodically lower its sound output by some much that even having the sound at 60 can still be hard to hear. This quietness usually lasts for no longer than 10 seconds at a time an occurs around once every 2-3 minutes. What makes this worse is that the laptops cooling system is absolutly TERRIBLE! If i try and do anything remotley taxing like having only a single internet tab open playing a YouTube video a 720p than the fan sounds like its a jet engine about to take off, couple this with the sudden sound output drop and i cant actually hear the video im watching sometimes. Ive tried turning HP coolsense off but it seems like a fake button, doesnt really do anything, other than that there are no other fan options i can find. 

To conclude i would like to know if there is a fix to the sound drop out and if there is a way or setting to quieten the fan.

HP Recommended

Hi@CaFi,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in fixing the Volume issue on YouTube videos. Is that, correct?

This issue might be due to the corruption in the Flash player update for the PC.

I recommend you to try the Flash player update form Adobe once again and check if the solves the issue.

http://hp.care/2ecP6aA

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Thanks for the help but my flash is absolutely fine, after doing a few hours of research it seems that this is a VERY widespread issue with hp pavilion laptops in that their sound drivers don't function well with b & o. It seems this issue has been around for well over a year and I am very surprised hp hasn't commented or released a fix for it yet, very disappointed. If you truly do work for hp than please let them know of this, it is widespread and needs fixing, you cant be selling laptops with this issue.
HP Recommended

Hi@CaFi,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Im happy to provide information if it helps find a fix. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/B-amp-O-Audio-Sound-Fades-on-Laptop-Speakers/td-p/57231...

That link above is to another thread i found with 45 replies, all about the same sound drop off issue with some of the post dates ranging from 2015 to late 2016, please could you send this link on to those you informed as some of the ideas might be useful. 

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.