Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5020ca
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good morning,
I have a problem with freezing notebook. It happens every 15 - 60 minutes and it hangs for 10 - 15 seconds. During this time computer is unresponsive. After that it works as usual until it happens again. In the system event log there are always two events added after each hang:

Storahci, ID 129
Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

Disk, ID 153
The IO operation at logical block address ****** for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000035) was retried.

This happens during normal usage of computer which means having opened few applications, watching movies etc.

My notebook is on warranty so I contacted HP customer service in Poland. After spending 2 - 3 hours on phone trying to get help from consultants and performing various actions like reinstalling OS, updating drivers, testing hardware they decided to send courier and fix it by themself. The first time it took one week and the only one thing they did it was reinstalling os... The second time they replaced motherboard (at least they say it was replaced) and reinstalled OS. The problem still exists and in my opinion they don't know what they do. After 4 months of struggling with the issue I lost $2300, my patience and a lot of time. Quo vadis HP ?

Help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

rach_clach

finally

Have you

The new Bios  F.32 REV: A PASS: 1

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72564.exe

and UEFI

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70869.exe

installed?

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

rach_clach

have you  attached a WD disk ?

Storahci, ID 129

Disk, ID 153

go to

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answear, but I have SSD SanDisk 256 GB. I already performed disk tests and updated my bios software, but no luck.

HP Recommended

rach_clach

Please post the full ssd name

Install the new RST driver form the intel Page setuprst.exe

Have you external driver or usb stick attached?

Is your Bios VERSION: F.26 REV: A PASS: 1

HP Recommended

I have installed Intel driver already.

No external driver or usb stick attached. Just SanDisk SD6PP4M-256G-1006.

HP Recommended

rach_clach

Please install the Scandisk Dashbord and reboot

Do not  update the firmware!

Post the management log form the Dashboard error etc.

= Fixed Firmware Update to allow updating all SSDs in an Intel RAID configuration

before you do a firmware update
Please make a backup using the Dashboard

HP Recommended

Hey go2,

I installed SanDisk Dashboard and status controls are all green, no errors etc. There is no firmware update available as well.

HP Recommended

rach_clach

you written "every 15 - 60 minutes and it hangs for 10 - 15 seconds"

Please create a new Power plan with High performance don't use a existing.

I think the ssd goes to sleep mode

HP Recommended

I used high performance mode all the time. Yesterday I switched to HP recommended mode, but no difference. I dont think it's related to sleep mode. I think its disk firmware problem. I read comments of people having exactly the same issues. People who bought Omen with Samsung drive don't have such problems.

HP Recommended

rach_ciach

Samsung is high end SSD

Disk, ID 153 error say replace the ssd

Call your local hp Support for a replacement 

You have warranty

SanDisk have problems with the Raid

or you replaced it with a Samsung 850

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.