Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Pavilion 17 notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

A year ago I buy Hp pavilion wit Ubuntu Linux. Then I install Win 7 professional and laptop will accidentally freezes, touchpad and all system will be not responsibble. I must to hard reset and start win again. This occur with no prefered reason..after 1 minute or 10 hours. I see if will run Antimalware and Bittorrent at the same time then 100% freezes but it is not the basic rule. Sometimes freezes 3x sequentially or after 2 hours. Then i install win7 enterprise and will be no change.

I try IPDT, MEM86 and all test will be ok for processor, harddrive, memory. I changed original memory with new 8 gb but it is no diference. 

HP pavillion 17 Notebook PC

SN: [Personal Information Removed]

PN: K1Q23EA#BED

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1

CPU n3540 2,16GHz

8 gb Kingston 1333MHz

227c 76.29

bios: f13

Please help me.

Best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @oliboli,

Great stuff! I certainly do appreciate your troubleshooting skills 🙂

If you isolate the issue to the wireless card, then I would suggest contacting HP phone support for further assistance or laptop service.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Good luck & Merry Xmas 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello, @oliboli – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that your HP notebook is freezing every now and then. Appreciate all your efforts in troubleshooting so far. I will certainly do my best to find you a solution 🙂

I found a wonderful document which will help you find a solution. Please follow the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2e4DPdh

If the issue persists, I want you to run a hardware test as explained below:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
  • The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
  • Select Component Tests from the list and then run Hard drive test.
  • You can check http://hp.care/2doWSi0 for details.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Mr Dvortex!

Thank You very much for your quick response!

I will preffer what you say but the problem persist.

I put my PC on high performance then download Microsoft Fixit Center an do almost everything possible step in there. I alredy have HP Support Assistant but dont help me in this issue. Windows are up to date and driver also (HP Support dont find any new?). My temperature if CPU working 100% dont pass 69 oC normally it is about 50-52 oC.

I used following program:

- CCleaner for delete recycle bean et all..registry cleaning

- IPDT no problem found

- Hot CPU tester no problem found

- Lot of free antimalware program (microsoft security essential-my basic, antimalware, roque killer, adwkiller, Tdss killer....almost all in Windows repair toolbox) online virus/malware scanner bitdefender, eset. Nothng found!?

- Windows Repair Toolbox (find 43 problem in WinRepairAIO but I think when do repair is nothing better)

- work UEFI tests Hard Drive Extensive Tests, HD Short DST check, Memory fast test all passed execept warnings: No Selected BIOS image was not available? in Bios update

When i look in Event wiever I have last event:

Warning 20.12.2016 13:40:21 Dhcp-Client 1003 Address Configuration State Event Microsoft-Windows-DHCP Client Events/Admin Uporabnik-PC
Warning 20.12.2016 13:19:07 Microsoft Antimalware 1116 None System Uporabnik-PC
Warning 20.12.2016 13:18:17 Microsoft Antimalware 1116 None System Uporabnik-PC
Warning 20.12.2016 13:17:45 Microsoft Antimalware 1116 None System Uporabnik-PC
Warning 20.12.2016 13:17:32 Microsoft Antimalware 1116 None System Uporabnik-PC
Error 20.12.2016 12:04:43 Search 10021 Search service Application Uporabnik-PC
Error 20.12.2016 12:04:37 Search 3006 Gatherer Application Uporabnik-PC
Error 20.12.2016 12:04:37 Search 3007 Gatherer Application Uporabnik-PC
Error 20.12.2016 12:04:20 Eventlog 1101 Event processing Security Uporabnik-PC
Error 20.12.2016 12:04:20 EventLog 6008 None System Uporabnik-PC
Error 20.12.2016 12:04:06 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin Uporabnik-PC

Critical 20.12.2016 12:03:58 Kernel-Power 41 (63) System Uporabnik-PC
Error 20.12.2016 8:39:31 MatSvc 3 None Application Uporabnik-PC
Warning 20.12.2016 8:39:10 MatSvc 12 None Application Uporabnik-PC
Warning 20.12.2016 8:36:57 Dhcp-Client 1003 Address Configuration State Event Microsoft-Windows-DHCP Client Events/Admin Uporabnik-PC
Error 20.12.2016 8:09:29 Dhcp-Client 1001 Address Configuration State Event Microsoft-Windows-DHCP Client Events/Admin Uporabnik-PC

Error 20.12.2016 12:04:06 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 19.12.2016 18:02:03 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 19.12.2016 17:38:32 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 19.12.2016 17:32:03 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 19.12.2016 16:58:01 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 20:52:57 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 20:38:05 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 19:23:03 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 19:13:56 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 19:09:37 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 17:56:36 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 17:48:57 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 16:57:04 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 16:41:07 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 16:25:43 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Error 18.12.2016 15:53:47 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session

Today when I start downloads Bittorrent system freezes again...

I dont have any idea? 😞

Best regards!

HP Recommended

Hello @oliboli,

Thanks for the reply & appreciate your efforts 🙂

Going through your reply, I see that you are using, your words -  "lot of free antimalware program (microsoft security essential-my basic, antimalware, roque killer, adwkiller, Tdss killer....almost all in Windows repair toolbox) online virus/malware scanner bitdefender".

I am afraid this could be one reason for your PC's slow performance. If you use more than once antivirus / malware programs there could be an internal conflict between the software and in turn will affect your printer performance. Moreover, it's always advisable to keep just 1 trusted antivirus program in your computer. (Something like Microsoft security essential, Norton, McAfee, Avast etc.) Hence, uninstall all those programs except for one and then restart your computer and check.

Also, try disabling the startup programs to speed up your PC. You can check the instructions here: http://hp.care/2hTxAqc 

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Mr Dvortex

I uninstall Malware program and some other program. Antimalware program which I have not working all the time but when I start them. Microsoft esentiall was the basic program. 

In msconfig I dissabled all non-microsoft program but there is no diference.  The same program configuration I have on two other Laptops and there is not issue like this. I also install older version Utorrent but it is no diference. 

Problem with freezes become after clean install when I dont have antimalware program install.

Problem with freezes still persist.

Best regards and thanks for help me!

HP Recommended

Hello @oliboli,

Thanks for the continued efforts!

Is the issue only specific to the torrent program that you are running? Does your PC ever freeze if you do not use the torrent programs? Try uninstalling the bit torrent and check.

If the issue is not specific to the bit torrent program then I'm afraid that you will need to do a PC recovery on your computer. The recovery will reset the printer to its factory state. You can check the details here: http://hp.care/2bNw5Hd 

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Mr Dvortex

I put my laptop in Safe mode previosly uninstall Malware and BS Player and Torrent. Everything work properly But when I go to Google and try to downloads Bs Player again system comletely freezes.

It is possible Wireles card to be a problem becouse freezes constatntly when I downloads something (in different wireles point). All drivers are up to date.

Windows become slowly unresponsive and led of HDD stop blinking!

Thank you for any answer!

Best regards!

HP Recommended

Hello @oliboli,

Hope you are well 🙂

It certainly looks like an issue with the software on your PC. The issue is definitely not caused by the wireless card. If the issue is with the wireless card, then the issue will be isolated to the network connection and not with the complete PC.

My best guess is that one or more of the program is corrupted and is causing the issue. I would advise you to completely do a factory reset on your PC and then start over. The recovery will reset the printer to its factory state. You can check the details here: http://hp.care/2bNw5Hd 

Once the recovery is done, do not install any 3rd party software except for 1 antivirus software and check the PC performance. Once done, then try installing the programs one by one and check when you are getting the issue.

Hope that helps!

I will watch for your reply. Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello mr Dvortex

I  used Windows repair Toolbox ver 1.7.0.0.  https://windows-repair-toolbox.com/ (this is realy useful tools I think?) in safe mode and do scan virus  with some different malware virus scanner.  Then i reinstall bitorrent and wireless drivers but problem still persist.

Then I connect my laptop to LAN  and disable the Wlan drivers and problem with hanging dissapeared!! Laptop work perfectly for all night with downloads speed 2.4mb/sec and uploads 1.1mb/sec I used Bitorent. I see that CPU temperature is lower for 4 oC. It seems to be problem in new laptop??

Today I dissable realink wireles card and put USB wireles card and Laptop work perfecty. I dont now where is problem in wirelles card or motherboard or connectivity..i must to search this ..i do this in future days.

I really appreciate Your help and I hope that problem is resolved!?

Best regards!

HP Recommended

Hello @oliboli,

Great stuff! I certainly do appreciate your troubleshooting skills 🙂

If you isolate the issue to the wireless card, then I would suggest contacting HP phone support for further assistance or laptop service.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Good luck & Merry Xmas 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.