Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PavilionNotebook-15-ab064tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop will freeze up when i booted to the desktop

( without pluging to the wall) (not all the time but frequenly)

But if i power it up with pluging it on the wall , the problem decrese .(but some times have the same problem)

May i know what the problem and how to solve it?

Looking forward for your reply

Regard 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @SteveTung, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community. I will do my absolute best to help you resolve the Notebook freezing after boot. 

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you tried to do a disk defragment?

Have you tried to do a disk cleanup?

Have you tried cleaning the vents?

Is the Fan Noisy or Spin Constantly?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Here are the Testing and Calibrating the Battery and Improving Battery Performance documents.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Here are some more documents for you that may help:

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking Accept as Solution button, to the right of the thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs up icon to show your appreciation for my efforts today!  

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help. When you re-post, please provide me with the detailed results from the troubleshooting above, your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

Thank you for joining in!

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @SteveTung, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community. I will do my absolute best to help you resolve the Notebook freezing after boot. 

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you tried to do a disk defragment?

Have you tried to do a disk cleanup?

Have you tried cleaning the vents?

Is the Fan Noisy or Spin Constantly?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Here are the Testing and Calibrating the Battery and Improving Battery Performance documents.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Here are some more documents for you that may help:

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking Accept as Solution button, to the right of the thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs up icon to show your appreciation for my efforts today!  

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help. When you re-post, please provide me with the detailed results from the troubleshooting above, your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

Thank you for joining in!

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply

After i do a disk defragment, my laptop had run smooth a bit.

The window start faster after i do a disk defragment but still load slower then before the problem.

For your information...

i did not try to boot my laptop in safe mode

i did not try to reset my bios 

i do a disk defragment

i do a disk clean up

The vents is clean , the laptop just bought couple month ago

The fan is working fine (no loud noise)

The laptop tempeture fine

i dont think there is any hardware failures

My battery is fine

Regard 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.