Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

When I watch a video, the loud buzing noise occurs and computer freezes. I have to power off,  and when it re-starts, I get blue screen of serious error.

HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC

Model   QE126UA#ABA

Windows 7 Home Premium

64 bt

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi kcollins5,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are getting a blue screen or as it is known blue screen of death (BSOD). What error message goes along with the BSOD? That will help determine the cause of the error. Here is detailed article on Everything You Need to Know about BSODs. One of the potential solutions is to reinstall drivers because this happened during a video here is the Intel High-Definition Graphics driver and Intel High-Definition Audio driver.

Was this a DVD or CD you were playing the video from or were you streaming it online?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a similar problem. My Pavilion 500-c60 freezes with terrible buzzer sound while I'm streaming. Then the display goes dark gray. Nothing I can do will correct it, so I manually push the button OFF. I restart and continue with the streaming, then sometimes it will happen again and other times maybe a week goes by without a hitch.

HP Recommended

Greetings @delbearboy,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer freezing and making a loud buzzing noise. Happy to help. 

Have you run a system test on the computer?

Does this issue occur randomly or when you are running any particular application?

Have you installed any new hardware on your computer?

Recommend you to run a system test on computer. Click here for assistance. 

Make sure all the drivers are updated on the computer. Click here for assistance in using HP Support Assistant. 

If the test fails, please replace the failed component or contact our phone support for the service options. 

Based on the specifications of your computer, your computer came with AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics, recommend you to install the AMD driver from their website and check. 

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.