Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hello @Rye_Smith

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please allow up to 48-72 hours for a response from one of our HP Agents. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you have already resolved your matters, please disregard this message. 

Thank you 
Duane_D
I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I was hoping to find a solution but haven't seen anything promising.  I can't stand Mac but I'm sick of burning through 3 PC to my husband 1 Mac.  I spent around $1k for this. HP-fix the hinge, get better quality product.  Very disapointed. 

You didn't just loose out on one purchase but I have 4 boys that will not be using an HP-ever.

HP Recommended

@Not_cool

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended
Don't get excited about the hp support forum offering to get the issue to "the appropriate team".

My advice, fix it through the Microsoft store, it'll be cheaper than hp, even if you didn't buy it there. Then plan on buying anything else.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advise

HP Recommended

My roommate and I both have the same laptop and have the exact same issue. Both of ours our falling apart and now my fan no longer works. I've had the laptop for two years and it probably occurred around the 1 year mark. My roommate has had his for 1 year and his has it as well. This is clearly a manufacturing issue and I am severely disappointed because I know how hard it is to receive proper assistance. My previous HP laptop had to be replaced because of a faulty charging port and the idea of going through the process once again is very discouraging. 

HP Recommended

Yes, if you see in the images I posted, the fan is right next to the failing hinge. in mine, I was lucky the fun did not die after crunching alot of plastic.

[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

HP needs to do a recall on this machine its junk

HP Recommended

I agree

HP Recommended

hpsucks.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.