Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-wf0000 (755F7AV)

The issue: Random black screen and non responsive keyboard after loading games Causes:  Hardware: faulty sensor on motherboard To replicate the issue: Load  any  game (Laptop may also entre black screen on home screen with no apparent trigger) Notes: • There are no known issues with any drivers • Laptop however functions as normal if connected to an external monitor and keyboard • If switched off, laptop may not be switched back on because the keyboard is not responsive – none of the keys, including power button, work. In order to switch the laptop back on, remove battery, wait a couple of minutes, then re insert battery, keyboard & screen should work again. If not, disconnect MB cable on motherboard and try again. I have tried repasting thermal paste and thermal putty problem still exists Solutions: After researching on the internet, apparently under heavy load, the faulty sensor on this particular model triggers the laptop into sleep/hibernation mode, thus black screen and dead keyboard. By unplugging the MB cable which disconnects the sensor, it solves the black screen/dead keyboard problem, laptop however won’t be able to sleep/hibernate when closing the lid. Repair is to replace the motherboard but the problem will happen again since hp hasn't updated the motherboard.. HP China is offering free repairs to this model and extending product warranty after repair. They’re more than likely to have detailed information on what exact module/part is malfunctioning. I hope this explains things.

HP should design a new motherboard since after replacing the board the problem will happen again in months time max 5 or 6 months if lucky. Or HP should replace customers unit with an different model that is not the omen 16 2023 model or refund all the customers.

I will post pictures of which sensor connector it is.

The problem is all over the internet 

[content removed]

these are just some links there are more links and more people with this problem since every unit is affected.

Hp also wont acknowledge the issue. I have spoken to 10 or more of their customers service employees all don't know the issue and i always meed re explain them all over again what the issue is. 

Screenshot_2024-02-27-11-35-48-27_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-27-11-35-50-32_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

I got the same issue. 

i hope HP could achnoledge the issue, so that i could switch to another model the next time it happens. 

HP Recommended

Haha i know i helped you on reddit that was me.

Do you see ho doesn't even comment anything on this post they dont ever care

HP Recommended

HP should really address this issue and recall products if the faults valid. I am currently looking to buy one HP OMEN 16 with 7840hs and 4060 but now really unsure if  I should go with HP . Will they ever confirm if all the models share the same motherboard or has it been solved or not

HP Recommended

Most likely just with intel motherboard but im not sure since i have not seen an amd motherboard of the omen 16 2023  yet.

I have helped in total around 15 or more people on reddit after they dm me with this problem.

And true HP should acknowledge and take responsibility and do something 

HP Recommended

Someone dmed me their amd omen 16 motherboard picture. The problem wont happen on amd variant because that connector is not even close to the heatsink like on intel version 

HP Recommended

Thanks for this info. You are really doing a better job than any HP support I can say .

HP Recommended

Im glad to help.

I know hp support is not really good i have this issue since November none of the support are familiar with this issue. But hp china already known about this issue i needed to find out myself what was the problem and found out in January 2 months not able to game on my expensive laptop.

Tried changing thermal paste thermal putty everything 

HP Recommended

I had the same issue. Bought on October 2023 and random black screen on January 2024. Waiting for the motherboard replacement. But I have to wait until mid of April only I can get it. Very disappointed and frustrated. 

HP Recommended

Yes and the worst part is changing motherboard wont even fix it it wil keep on happening 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.