Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy dv6 7375SF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone 

Last night I watched a video with my Notebook and I didn't plugged-in!

I started to work with 100% fully charged and plugged-in but suddenly my Laptop shut down itself automatically.

I try to calibrate my battery to fix it but it doesn't work.

Should I replace my battery? How can I find the original battery of my Notebook? Someone can give me a link to buy?

I appreciate any help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pouria,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Is the computer powering on with the charger?

If yes, then I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then run a test on the battery following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Pouria,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Is the computer powering on with the charger?

If yes, then I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then run a test on the battery following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had used hp's diagnostic software to test and calibrate my battery. I didn't get a failure error message with ID but I got instance 1, and I don't understand what does it mean at all? After calibration, my battery works better.

I should say I uninstalled and reinstalled my Battery driver from Device manager in windows.

HP Recommended

@Pouria,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

I recommend you update the BIOS as well. If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Can you just explain to me what does it mean instance 1?

Hp diagnostic show me that! 

HP Recommended

@Pouria,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

As I understand you would like to know what does Instance 1 mean while running the test on the battery. 

Instance 1 can either relate to two things, One it could be the information regarding the number of battery installed or it could relate to number of test attempted. 

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks a lot for the information you have given to me.

Can you just tell me what kind of battery should I buy to replace my battery or how can I find the original one in Europe?

My battery is working now it runs my pc for more than 3 hours when it's not plugged in!

But can you give an example of a battery (On amazon.de or amazon.fr) please which can replace with the original one because my mother will use my pc after I get a new laptop.

Thank you a lot

HP Recommended

@Pouria

The compatible battery is 6-cell, 47-Wh, 2.2-Ah, Li-ion battery. Part# 699468-001 and you may Contact HP in your region to order this. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Luxembourg's HP told me they can't do something for me in this case.

I called Belgium HP they told me they can't do something because my laptop is too old I should put it away and buy a new one!  

My Laptop is working very well and I'll keep for 3 years and then buy a new one! I'll give my laptop to my mother because is working great.

What should I do? Please help! 

HP Recommended

@Pouria

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

If you wish to help to community grow, you may simply select “Accept as Solution” and hit the thumbs up to say thanks for my efforts.

Have a good day ahead.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.