Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
The laptop was $400, ssd was $80, processor was $50, ram was $30 and the conversion was $60 for a total of roughly $590 which is less than what it would cost to buy a laptop with those upgrades. Plus most people wouldn't need the conversion and that's not something you can buy from the factory so most people can take out that $60 and everything together would cost about $530. Sorry that really can't be beat in terms of pricing
HP Recommended

You done good

HP Recommended
I appreciate it, and we should probably stop commenting on this post that is now completely irrelevant.
HP Recommended

I have a G60-231WM laptop.  AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core QL-64   2.10GHz

I have Windows 7 64BIT Enterprise on it.   It currently has the stock 4GB of ram.

Everywhere I look states 4GB is the max ram.   Can you tell me if I can install 8GB of Ram.

I would like to see if I can improve the speed of the laptop.    I was also thinking of adding

a SSD drive.

Thanks,

Ken

HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

4 gigs is the stated maximum and it is DDR2 in any event. 8 gigs of DDR2 costs close to $100 which is not worth spending on a laptop of that age. To that point, an SSD will provide significant performance improvement but again, at about $100 for a 240 gig SSD I question the investment. But at least the SSD could be reused on another laptop if that one bites the dust. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Yes the manual states 4GB but I wonder if that was considering XP and not windows 7 64 bit.

XP and Windows 7   32bit I believe, can only see 4GB.

I wouldn't pay that much for memory, I would buy used on ebay, or remove from a broken laptop.

The SSD would be a new purchase.    I would pick up a 120Gig for less than $50

I am wondering if the BIOS might be the problem with more than 4GB. 

Ken

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.