Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there an official way to change a laptop keyboard and keep the warranty?

From spanhish keyboard to portuguese keyboard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You did not provide the model number of the notebook.

model

Now, since the notebook still is under warranty I presume we are talking about a recent notebook.

The keyboard, in modern notebooks, is usually one part with the top cover. So to replace officially you would need to buy the complete top cover and then all the parts from the old notebook need to be removed from the old top cover and placed in the new one. So, if done officially it will most likely cost about the price of a new notebook.

You could try your nearest HP service center and see what they say.

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You did not provide the model number of the notebook.

model

Now, since the notebook still is under warranty I presume we are talking about a recent notebook.

The keyboard, in modern notebooks, is usually one part with the top cover. So to replace officially you would need to buy the complete top cover and then all the parts from the old notebook need to be removed from the old top cover and placed in the new one. So, if done officially it will most likely cost about the price of a new notebook.

You could try your nearest HP service center and see what they say.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

I was thinkink on buying a Pavilion 17 - 1002 or 1003.  But in Portugal i dont find a store that as them on sale. 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.