Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Pardon my English as I am not a native English speaker.

My question;

I my laptop actually able to 'see' the M.2 SSD and use it to install my OS? If it does, is it the SATA III inferface or the PCIe interface?

My aim is to boot from the M.2 SSD and have my HDD as a storage. Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This shows how to disassemble it and the location for the M.2 slot:

http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/hp-pavilion-15-ak000-gaming-laptop-disassembly/

HP has made the Service Manual hard to locate but the M.2 slot can only accept SATA type disks, not PCIe/NVME. 

There are several ways to get the OS onto the M.2 and configure the hard drive for storage. 

Post back with additional questions.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This shows how to disassemble it and the location for the M.2 slot:

http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/hp-pavilion-15-ak000-gaming-laptop-disassembly/

HP has made the Service Manual hard to locate but the M.2 slot can only accept SATA type disks, not PCIe/NVME. 

There are several ways to get the OS onto the M.2 and configure the hard drive for storage. 

Post back with additional questions.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks, Huffer.

The link really helps me to disassemble the laptop.

I want to click 'Accept as Solution' but I have some other question, can I continue here or open another thread?

HP Recommended

Unless its on a different subject continue here until you get your Answer

HP Recommended

I think it is a different subject. The BIOS won't update.  Thanks, Huffer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.