Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi dear HP friends!

I've had a HP Spectre x360 for some time now, and wanted to get an active pen for it, because I would like to use it for the university. So I took to the internet to find out which active pen that worked best for the spectre x360. 
I saw some videos and recommendations of the Dell active stylus, so I chose to buy it. 
Unfortunately, when I'm trying to install the driver for the Dell active stylus, it says that the driver cannot work with my device... 
What should I do?
Please help! 

Thanks

Best regards
Lasse Voss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This one is the "old" version of the 750-AAHC, it works with Spectre x360 but the performances are not as good as with the 750-AAHC.

https://www.proshop.dk/Digitizer/Dell-Stylus/2432312?utm_source=pricerunner&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campa...

Or on eBay there is this one from the UK that ships to Denmark, and it is the 750-AAHC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Version-Dell-Venue-Pro-8-11-Tablet-Active-Stylus-Pen-7DMHT-TCHDP-750-AAH...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Which model of Dell Active Stylus is, exactly? Please post here the code you find on the box.

I have the Dell Venue Active Stylus (model: 750-AAHC)  and it works perfectly with my Spectre x360 13-4110nl.

Plus, you usually don't need to download "drivers" for the pen, so that make me believe that you probably bought the wrong pen.

HP Recommended

i've bought PN556W,

It was the only Dell active pen I could find. 

HP Recommended

Indeed, that pen uses Wacom technology, while Spectre x360 has a Synaptics digitizer.

Send it back for a refund if you're still in time, and if you tell me in which country you live maybe I can help you to find the right one.

HP Recommended

I live in Denmark! 

It would be fantastic! Thanks!

HP Recommended

This one is the "old" version of the 750-AAHC, it works with Spectre x360 but the performances are not as good as with the 750-AAHC.

https://www.proshop.dk/Digitizer/Dell-Stylus/2432312?utm_source=pricerunner&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campa...

Or on eBay there is this one from the UK that ships to Denmark, and it is the 750-AAHC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Version-Dell-Venue-Pro-8-11-Tablet-Active-Stylus-Pen-7DMHT-TCHDP-750-AAH...

HP Recommended

Hi! 

Thanks for clearing this up!  I own a Hp Spectre 4410nd.

So the best version  of the Dell stylus is the AAHC version. Its not avaiable in my country (netherlands). Can i get the AAGN version as well? 

Thanks for thet reply!

HP Recommended
Yep, they both work.
HP Recommended

Hi matteventu,

After trying to find a solution to similar issue I have, I understand that you may be one of the few people that can give reliable feedback.

After recently receiving a x360 Spectre at work and seeing active stylus reviews, I also bought a Dell Venue Active Stylus. The Spectre model I have is 13-w003nx (I work in Saudi).

Unfortunately no matter how hard I try, I can't make the stylus work with the laptop! It's a pity as this piece of equipment is the best laptop I even had.

The stylus I have, I bought from Amazon US while I can't find on the box anywhere mentioning it's model number. It only states the manufacturing date (Dec.2016), the serial number (CN-0W3XJT-73826-6CJ-00M4, REV A00) and another number that I do not know what it stands for (CCAI14LP1280T2).

Can you please let me know (that's if you know), if actually the laptop does support the pen or a similar one and if there is anything I can do to make it work?

I am looking forward to your feedback and comments!

HP Recommended

Just to add...

while trying to find the exact model, I unscrewed the stylus and a sticker rolled in the inner part of it it says that the model is PR77S.

I hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.