Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion AB522TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently took a BIOS update and I later on found out that it has messed up my Notebook. File transfer speed has been riduculously slow, games and movies stutter occasionaly. Everything has changed and it does not look good.

Product Info:

Model: Pavilion AB522TX

RAM: 8 GB

Processor: i5-6200U

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Rahul_mk, 

I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

I understand that you did a BIOS upgrade but it did not take well to your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx. You mentioned that your Notebook is now slow and games and movies are stuttering. 

Many HP Notebooks have an HP BIOS Restore tool that may recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality. Please follow the documentation to do a BIOS reset

Have you tried to perform a hard reset?

Which BIOS version did  you upgrade to?

You said that Windows 10 is up to date.

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant for updates also? 

You can try following the below steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup Settings:

1. In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.

2. Select Load Setup Defaults.

3. Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).

4. Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with any information you think may help me find a resolution for you. Please also let me know if the BIOS reset works. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

I am glad that you joined in! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @Rahul_mk, 

I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

I understand that you did a BIOS upgrade but it did not take well to your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx. You mentioned that your Notebook is now slow and games and movies are stuttering. 

Many HP Notebooks have an HP BIOS Restore tool that may recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality. Please follow the documentation to do a BIOS reset

Have you tried to perform a hard reset?

Which BIOS version did  you upgrade to?

You said that Windows 10 is up to date.

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant for updates also? 

You can try following the below steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup Settings:

1. In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.

2. Select Load Setup Defaults.

3. Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).

4. Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with any information you think may help me find a resolution for you. Please also let me know if the BIOS reset works. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

I am glad that you joined in! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hello @EmeraldAvenger,

No I haven't tried any of the methods you suggested. But I contacted HP Support Assistant and they have been of great help. My Notebook works fine as of now. Thanks to you ,now I know how to escape from a troublesome BIOS update in the future, which HP hopefully will not provide.

Thank you.

Keep up the good work!

HP Recommended

That is amazing to hear! I am ecstatic that you were able to come to a resolution using the steps provided! Thank you for your kind words!

Take care 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.