Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-D010CA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My HDD is dead and I am looking for a replacement, it currently runs a WD Blue SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" 5400rpm HDD and an 8mb cache. I want to replace it with a Seagate Barracuda SATA 6gb/s 2.5" 7200rpm HDD and a 128mb cache. Will it be a problem, specificaly for cooling?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't see any problem with that. That is a good choice.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't see any problem with that. That is a good choice.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @QUD333!

I agree with @banhien - the replacement drive should work fine in the notebook. 🙂

Indeed a bigger RPM drive will make some difference, mostly in load times on games (for instance in speed in loading/saving), will also consume more power and run just a little bit warmer compared to a 5400RPM unit, but I don't think it there will be that much heat in order to create an issue.

Cheers! 🙂

Official WD Representative.
Please, Kudo me and choose as Answer if this post helped you! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.