Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Leap Motion TS SE NB P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Envy, Model 17 - J171ea, Product F9U15EA~ABU, I have been using my PC but since the last couple of days my left hand side hinge got loose and now every time I lift up the screen the bottom of the casing opens up, I think the case and the hinge are getting more damaged,  I see from the forum that this seems to be a problem with this laptop.

I need to know how I can get this repaired or is there a recall of the product due to this bad design of the hinge.

I await a early reply or if someone could direct me on where I can get the part to replace the top housing?

My laptop has just come out of warrenty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

Thank you Duane.

I wait an early reply dr m the HP Team.

HP Recommended

Duane,

Could you please escalate as I have not heard from the support team as yet.

Also could I have your CEO details and email so I can inform of this poor design which I have seen numerous over 20 pages or more on many forums regarding this issue since 2014, I want to understand why a recall was not issued of this poor design and what has been done to rectify this design so far?

I would like to see a quick resolution instead of months if dispute.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem.  Will you forward the same information to me, please?

Thank you in advance!

John

HP Recommended

same exact problem here, please help us!

HP Recommended

Hello,

It is the second time I have the same problem with the left hinge for the same laptop.

It was fixed a year ago due to being under manufacturing warranty and this week have the same problem. The laptop is barely used, 3-4 times a week, almost brand new.

Called HO customer service and was offered the lowest rate $260 with 3 months only of warranty... to fix HP's own problem again.

Can we really trust HP performing over and over the same service, or it is simply a away of doing business?

Would somebody help or guide us what do we have to do on this case?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@lek1

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you Danny.

I have been contacted from HP support team and I am wating on their replay.

Best regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.