Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 820 G2 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what screw i needed to get so i can seure the back panel of my HP EliteBook 820 G2, i work in a school and just having the sliding lock isnt enough to stop students from opening them up and stealing parts.

Gwill29_0-1713870731469.jpeg

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gwill29,

See page 37 of your service guide, that indicates the security screw is a Phillips PM 2.0x4.5 (metric 2.0 mm in diameter x 4.5 mm in length).

HP EliteBook 820 G2 Notebook PC and HP EliteBook 720 G2 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

I believe the screw is supplied by HP and placed somewhere inside the service compartment.

I owned a ProBook 650 G1 a long time ago that had the service cover with the security screw being found placed inside the service compartment. Look for a tiny red square mark inside for the screw, or the screw is placed with its head painted red for easy recognition. 

If you can't find it, you may need to get one from a local computer shop or an online vendor.

[edit] the screw maybe is attached to the inside of the service cover.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Gwill29,

See page 37 of your service guide, that indicates the security screw is a Phillips PM 2.0x4.5 (metric 2.0 mm in diameter x 4.5 mm in length).

HP EliteBook 820 G2 Notebook PC and HP EliteBook 720 G2 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

I believe the screw is supplied by HP and placed somewhere inside the service compartment.

I owned a ProBook 650 G1 a long time ago that had the service cover with the security screw being found placed inside the service compartment. Look for a tiny red square mark inside for the screw, or the screw is placed with its head painted red for easy recognition. 

If you can't find it, you may need to get one from a local computer shop or an online vendor.

[edit] the screw maybe is attached to the inside of the service cover.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, i have just had a look at the screw is indeed secured inside the service compartment.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.