Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Model 15M-EE0013DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I had several horrible experiences with my brand new factory sealed HP Envy X360 2-in-1 Touch Screen Laptop (Model 15M-EE0013DX) and HP Support. I originally purchased my laptop online through a retailer in August 2020. My new laptop had severe issues with the audio and microphone. In every video meeting I participated in or led my microphone would stop working followed by an extremely overwhelming loud motor noise. The noise overpowered anyone speaking. I would abruptly log out of the meeting and log off the video streaming, but the loud motor noise continued. I would then shut down the laptop, but the noise continued. I would then unplug the laptop from the outlet, and the motor noise finally stopped. I had several video meetings every week and this happened every time.

I called HP Support, but received no support. Everyone was passing my issue to the next person without a resolution. I took the replacement laptop back to the retailer after the first week of having it and was told the microphone and audio problems were not caused by the laptop, but were caused by the video meeting software Zoom. I informed that I received an HP error message popup saying there was an issue with the audio and microphone and gave me steps to resolve it. I followed the steps, but the HP guided troubleshooter said the issue could not be resolved. The retailer’s tech support assured me that the issue was not with the laptop and advised me to keep it for another week to see if it happened again. I kept the laptop for one more week. Like clockwork, it happened again. This time I took audio of the sound to present it to the retailer. I took  the replacement back to the retailer along with the audio of the sound. As fate would have it, one of the people on my video meetings happened to be in the store that day and spoke to the manager on my behalf to validate my experiences. The retailer kept my laptop to repair. They returned it a day later and said they updated the software. Although I had already updated it and it was updated by HP Support on one of my many calls for assistance. 

The next week, the issue resurfaced on every video meeting...loud motor noise and microphone issues. This time I took a video with my phone of the issue as it was happening. I took the video and laptop back to The store along with blog information I'd found where other buyers of this model had the same issues. The blogs suggest that HP laptops with the Ryzen software are not compatible with video meetings. The retailer took my laptop and ordered another replacement. I was hopeful when I received the new replacement, but alas it failed me like the others. This time it malfunctioned as I was hosting an event. I had to immediately log off and shut the laptop down. The noise continued, so I had to place the laptop in another room while I worked to find a way to log back into the event with someone else's laptop. This was embarrassing and unacceptable. I took the laptop back to the store for a full refund with no replacement. 

Over the course of several weeks since purchasing the laptop in August, I've made various calls to HP Support and the retailer’s tech support and made countless trips to the store. I am extremely upset, highly frustrated, and am now without a laptop. I sent HP a video of the noise I experienced. This is unacceptable. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good brand and model laptop that is well equipped to handle video calls and online events? Preferably from a brand with excellent customer service.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@kellyse Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community

HP Recommended

@praveen196 I look forward to a resolution for all that I’ve endured. This is one of many times I’ve reached out to customer service. I received a coupon to use on HP.com that expired next week. It’s not even a percentage off. Very small amount! The rep said that usually in most circumstances coupons expire in three months. Then why was I not extended that same offer??? This is the lack of customer care I’ve been referencing in this post and in conversations with HP over several weeks.

HP Recommended

@praveen196 I should have known that no one was going to reach out to me. I didn't received the private message you said I would. I guess your response to my complaint was for PR purposes to brush it under the rug and not address my complaint and bring a resolution. I'm still going to speak on my experience.

HP Recommended

@praveen196 As suggested in your private message to me, I reached out to my case manager. As of today, I have not received a response from her and this matter has not been resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.