Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received this laptop as a very kind gift.  However, it only has 2GB of RAM and a 32GB hardrive.  Pretty useless for me.  Trying to do some research and see what is available for upgrading this guy.  Any suggestion/information on doing this?  I have a fear it is not able to be upgraded which will make me feel terrible.  I know it will just sit in a drawer and do nothing.  My phone is faster and has more storage than this laptop.

Thanks for the help!
Dinky!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I'm much appreciative, I just know I won't use it which is unfortunate. It is quite slow just surfing the internet and I cannot use is it to install VMplayer or anything I'd use a computer for.
I was just curious as most PCs/laptops are upgradable.
Thanks for the reply. I'll just use it when they are around so they aren't the wiser to it's lack of use.

Happy Holidays

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is a gift isn't it ? It actually has 4GB or RAM:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-14-an000-Notebook-PC-series/10862293/model/11992112/document/...

Well, you can't upgrade anything actually. It has a nice FHD screen and  Intel® 802.11ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo (Miracast compatible). You can use it for your TV and brwosing internet.

Other option: sell it and buy a different machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
I'm much appreciative, I just know I won't use it which is unfortunate. It is quite slow just surfing the internet and I cannot use is it to install VMplayer or anything I'd use a computer for.
I was just curious as most PCs/laptops are upgradable.
Thanks for the reply. I'll just use it when they are around so they aren't the wiser to it's lack of use.

Happy Holidays
HP Recommended

I know this is late to comment, but you can actually upgrade some parts for this latop. The ram can be upgraded, and you can put a hard drive into the laptop. I have 16GB of ram in mine, but that really is not needed with how slow the cpu in this laptop is. 8GB of ram is all you need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.