Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Beats SE 15z
Linux

Hello, I've got a problem. I've bought this laptop less than a year ago and it started having some performance issues. For example, the boot is sluggish, when I go to the folder it usually hangs a bit before showing the contents of the folder, programs take a few seconds to even start, and I have very bad performance in games, even the not so demanding ones like Minecraft, Terraria, CSGO, Unturned etc. I uninstalled all the bloatware but the issue presisted. I thought that it could be the system (I upgraded it from 8.1 to 10) and I did several system resets and still the same. I installed Ubuntu 16.04 now hoping that it will be better, but no, it is the same. It was overheating a bit, and shutting down unexpectedly, so I cleaned it with the can of compressed air but it didn't help that much. I've got the "Please use proper Smart AC adapter" message a couple of times, but i don't know it  that is the issue. (I am using the original charger, BTW) Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry if i posted in the wrong section, it is my first time I am using this forum.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @AtomicStriker,

Thank you for the quick reply!

You can try performing a System Recovery using the following document: 

HP PCs - Performing a System Recovery (Ubuntu)

However, based on the information that you provided, you may consider contacting Ubuntu Support.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @AtomicStriker,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the performance issue, and wanted to assist you!

Have you tried checking your system for Malicious Software?  You can use the tool here, if needed: Malicious Software Removal Tool

If you are still having trouble, then try reviewing the following documents, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you a huge bunch for replying! I have performed many malware/virus scans with AVAST, AVG and Malwarebytes, all of wich came up clean. I have never installed anyting illegal on it, from PirateBay of somewhere else, and all my games come from Steam which were purchased by me, so I couldn't have installed a virus on it. The system reset has been done a couple of times, I reverted to 8.1 once and upgraded it to Win 10, so If there was any malicious software, they are probably not present anymore. I have read the both of the documents you have provided, however, as I said before, I am running Ubuntu 16.04LTS Xerial Xenus right now, not Windows. Also, I forgot to mention, It is frequently shutting down (Just shuts down in the middle of the work and displays "Thermal Shutdown Occured" message on reboot), but I have cleaned the vents with compressed air. But for all I know, I might have not cleaned it of dust completely. I can bring it to the repair shop, however, I am afraid that I might have voided the warranty by installing Ubuntu on the machine. 

HP Recommended

Hello @AtomicStriker,

Thank you for the quick reply!

You can try performing a System Recovery using the following document: 

HP PCs - Performing a System Recovery (Ubuntu)

However, based on the information that you provided, you may consider contacting Ubuntu Support.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you a huge bunch. I have found out what the problem was. The fan was clogged by the dust and the porcessor was overheating. When I was cleaning I didn't clear it out properly. I am using this laptop to study and now it is okay. Thank you for your time! 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello @AtomicStriker,

I am happy to hear that you were able to get things worked out!  If you ever need assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to us again!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.