Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 - 2208AU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hp Pavilion g6 – 2208AU

I get this message when I boot my up laptop –

HP Battery Alert

The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low.

For optimal performance, this battery may need to be replaced.

Primary (internal) Battery (601)

ENTER - Continue Startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup

I have also done the battery test, it said Battery Check : Primary – Very Weak (71)

Then it says a failure and product ID, it also stated Component Test : Failed

I had clicked on battery details after the test was complete a saw that the battery age is 1520 days, is that good or bad? And the Battery Status : Replace(71)? What does that mean? And 71 what?

I went on the HP Parts Store and typed in my product ID and keyword searched “battery”

and got two options left

593553-001   This part is restricted and not available for purchase.

Battery (Primary) - 6-cell lithium-Ion (Li-Ion), 2.2Ah, 47Wh (MU06047) 

RoHS: COMPLY_2.05

637193-001   This part is restricted and not available for purchase.

Battery for real-time clock (RTC) 

RoHS: COMPLY_2.05

Im at a complete loss of what to do now, too paranoid to even turn my laptop on now lol. Will getting a new battery ‘fix’ this problem? Could I get one from Ebay or will it be better to go through HP or something to get a new battery?

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

http://www.hplaptopbattery.com.au/hp-pavilion-g6-2208au-battery.htm

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need new battery (part # 593553-001), not RTC battery. Not available in the HP part store, you can try

https://www.amazon.com/593553-001-Brand-Battery-MU06-SIKER/dp/B00ENXKQW2

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Thanks! But I can't get the one from the link you sent, it doesn't ship to Australia
HP Recommended

Hi,

Well, this won't help. I normally buy battery from

http://www.aubatteries.com/laptop-batteries-c-185.html

There is another shop at Ascote Vale (Melbourne) too. One in Brisbane but I can't remeber its name.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Hi,

What do i look for when i buy a battery? I have never needed to buy one before so i just want to make sure i get the right one.

I have seen a few on ebay that i think are what i need but im not sure

Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please go to the above link, select HP and model of your computer. It will list the right one for you.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Hi,

Is my part number the 593553-001?

And my model g6-2208AU?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

http://www.hplaptopbattery.com.au/hp-pavilion-g6-2208au-battery.htm

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.