Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp envy M6 -n010dx touchscreen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This seem to be a pervasive issue with these computers. I really don't want to risk  investing in more components, I replaced the bottom already since it cracked widen the hinge went. I see videos on the screen replacements and that seems risky if the component isn't an exact match. Where can you reliably get this fixed my son has been dealing with their computer for the past six months since he needed it for school we couldn't afford any downtime.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Broz1965

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Broz1965

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Getting tired of seeing HP being blamed for broken hinges after a few years of ownership.  ALL laptops from ALL manufacturers suffer this same fate.  The plastic housing just isn't as strong as the metal brackets used in the hinge.

HP Recommended

The plastic housing that doesn't withstand abuse IS the fault of HP.

I myself had to fix the hinges on a 700 dollar computer with JB weld recently because the top case on the internet is at or over 100 dollars.  These engineers who make these laptops are almost certianly smart enough, and with materials science that is advanced enough to make this not happen, and to do so without raising the cost too much at all.

All the laptop manufacturers do this because we let them get away with it.  From this point on I will be looking at any laptop I buy and ensure it has a metal subframe at the very least before I dare spend money on it, and if HP does not deliver I will not purchase their products or recommend them to anyone before they waste their money on something that is essentially designed to fail not too long after the warrantee expires.  Frankly, after dealing with these bad hinges on two of their laptops in the last month, I'm probably going to go to someone else for my next computer out of pure spite.  

These failing hinges will not earn HP my loyalty anytime soon.  If they were easy or cheap to fix.  If they were fixed outside of warrantee because it is a known common failure, then I'd be incredibly happy and satisfied with my laptop, but they are not.

HP Recommended

I never had a computer fall apart like this one cracking fragile and cracking and I have owned laptops since they began.

HP Recommended

@kevin-t wrote:

@Broz1965

I was never contacted after I sent out the information. So you referring me was great HP response is lacking.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.