Post new question
Question
How do I upgrade my notebook to an SSD
Replies (21)

Top Student
Message 21 of 22 (233 Views)

Re: How do I upgrade my notebook to an SSD

Erico,
Thanks for the reply. I am from Bangladesh and here m.2 ssd is very hard to find. This is why I want to bring it from USA through my friend and I am very concerned about compatibility as I won't be able to return it if not compatible. My laptop requires 256GB M.2 SATA-3 (NGFF) TLC Type SSD according to the user manual and an employee from HP. I am not familiar with that brand too but couldn't find a well known branded ssd with that requirement. Can you please recommend me some ssd which will be compatible with my laptop. Thanks again.
Highlighted
Provost
Message 22 of 22 (227 Views)

Re: How do I upgrade my notebook to an SSD

I would stick with Samsung and Crucial branded SSD.  

The specs you need are 

NGFF

(2280)  

TLC

Single Sided internal SSD

As far as I am aware, the NMVe controller type will not work with your notebook.

You can say thanks by clicking on the + in the purple thumbs up icon next to the Reply button.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation