Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion-s052sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I fold the notebook into tablet mode, the keyboard turns off which makes sense and a prompt comes up for switching to tablet mode, but when I want to switch back, the keyboard doesn't come back on and I have to restart.

The frustrating part is that quite often I get prompted to switch to tablet mode when I'm simply using the laptop normally (desktop mode), making the keyboard turn off and it doesn't turn back on again.

I've tried suppressing tablet mode in the settings but now it just seems to turn off without even prompting, not solving the problem.

Is there a way to manually force the keyboard on and off or a way to completely disable this function?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Zakeal,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s052sa and issues with the Keyboard not switching back on when exiting tablet mode. I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook. This has resolved many issues with Keyboard and Touchpad settings and Windows 10.

Here is a link for help with troubleshooting the Keyboard.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have a HP ENVY x360 15t-w100 CTO with windows 10. My keyboard and touchpad does not work. It only works when I fold it. Restarting it doesn't work.

I change the settings and as well putting it back to default. But that didn't work. Please help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.