Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 250 G7 notebook only charges to 85%. It is around 2 years old and gets relatively light usage. I have checked battery profiles and gone through a diagnostic check using HP's diagnostic tool The battery itself according to the tool is fine. There are no settings that I can see that would limit the charging to just 85%.

Checking forums and google, this seems to be a common issues but in the majority of cases, it was because some setting was limiting the full charging. This is not the case for me. 

Any suggestions of what the issue might be and what I might try to get the charge back up to 100%?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hbakhda 

It is a business class machine and it may get 3years warranty on battery, that's why. To keep battery "lives" longer, normally we won't charge batteries to 100%, the recommendation is 80% or 85% . You may be able to change, please use the following informaion:

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/ish_4449597-3519507-16

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hbakhda 

It is a business class machine and it may get 3years warranty on battery, that's why. To keep battery "lives" longer, normally we won't charge batteries to 100%, the recommendation is 80% or 85% . You may be able to change, please use the following informaion:

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/ish_4449597-3519507-16

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.