Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Had problems with USB and asked microsfot chat for help. They fixed it but my keyboard and wifi wouldn't work. They tried again and after they remotely restarted the computer it won't pass the opening (date/time) screen. The on-screen and the manual keyboard don't work. I have a hp 15 laptop. They want me to take to their service store 2:30 minutes away. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @samlobos

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post that your HP 15 Notebook will not go pass the opening screen. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). If this does not resolve the issue, contact HP phone support for further assistance for servicing options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @samlobos

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post that your HP 15 Notebook will not go pass the opening screen. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). If this does not resolve the issue, contact HP phone support for further assistance for servicing options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I finally found your post, I had a power outage and could not find it. now I did. thank you. your reply was good. unfortunately, after doing all the test,etc., I still cannot pass the opening screen. Do you have any other ideas as for after doing the test how to get the computer going again? All the tests show a "passed" answer except for the USB"s it gave me a code Q0C26K-75Q85L-XD7V7G-8D2503. ANY MORE IDEAS OR HELP? 

HP Recommended

Hi samlobos, 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

one ore question. howdo I get the number for HP support? I tried the web but it always give me a message of "there is too many hp 15 notebook pc" and send me back to the previious screen to place the info. again. Any help? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.