Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
You need the connector part no is Abw70 LS-C533P, cost me around 36dll in alibaba, hd chasis and 8 pin cable for like 8dll on ebay.

I don't remember if I took a photo of how it gets connected...
HP Recommended

But this part is for SATA. My SSD is PCIe 😞

So I think I can't do this 😞

HP Recommended
Well yeah, that's for sure, definitely there is no way to make the 950 Samsung pro to work
HP Recommended

In any case, thank you so much for your help.

But HP, go to hell !!!

My next PC wil be an ASUS or MSI !

If an HP engineer or technician is present, it can answer me, I'm always here if there are solution to this f... problem !

HP Recommended

There will be no solutionm other than you spending more money on HP products. Bah that sucks. HP has it in for the consumer side of the house anyway, they only care about thier business solutions. 

Respectfully out of patience

HP Recommended

Ohh, write a new topic, but here is the same discussion? Copy of my message:

"

Hello. I already know, that notebooks like: HP PAVILION 15-au024ur, HP PAVILION 15-au027ur, HP PAVILION 15-au028ur, HP PAVILION 17-g109ur, also 250/450 G4/5 sries are not self-upgradable due to there are no small cover with access to memory and store devices (hdd and/or ssd). Am I right?

But any case - has anyone experience in upgrade of this notebooks? Maybe after warranty ends?

Can I upgrade it with ssd? M.2 SSD or SSD instead of DVD drive?

Can I receive an official answer or download an official document, that can say me - is there are an empty M.2 slot exists (and of course enabled) or not? For sure...

Thx.

"

HP Recommended

So where are the technician and engineers ? Where are the answers ?

I bought my computer at 1 000 euros !!!!

If I would have bought an Asus ROG or MSI, I would not have been this problem !

This morning I sent a registered letter to HP France, we need a solution !

These development methods are illegal !

The BIOS has been voluntarily restricted!

I am ready to make a complaint for deception and fraud! Even if I would lose time and money !
HP Recommended

I did take the case apart, I did put the M.2 SSD into the M.2 drive bay, and yes I can confirm it did not work( I acutally went as far as to buy the ssd that comes in the HPs). The rear cover is actually the whole rear of case, and there is a pretty good vidoe describing how to take it apart. I bought the laptop originally based on the service manual that stated that there was a M.2 slot. So like my lenovo Y560 I figured it was an easy plug and play solution. However I can tell you that HP disabled those slots in the bios of the n109, and that they could very easily fix them by changing the 0 to 1 in the bios. However HP encrypts thier bios, so there hasn't been to my knowledge anyone on the outside able to do this. The idea that they don't mind selling you another bracket to replace your optical drive bay with an SSD is ludicrous.

Respectfully P.O.

Cloud_1

HP Recommended
The idea that they don't mind selling you another bracket to replace your optical drive bay with an SSD is ludicrous.

You don't have to replace the DVD/CD ROM drive.  The bracket and cable available from HP allows you to install the SSD right above the CD Drive.

jeff 

HP Recommended
I contacted HP France, the lady transferred me to a technician.
The technician told me "this is your PC and you have the right to put the material you want"
He transferred my problem to an engineering team and he will contact me within 72 hours.

He thinks more a problem of incompatibility with the SSD and motherboard BIOS rather than a restriction.

I'll keep you informed.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.