Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The mouse on my hp spectre keeps jumping around on its own even when I'm not touching it. At first, I thought it was because my hand was brushing against the touchpad without realizing but I put it down and wasn't touching it this time, so I'm not sure what's going on. Basically, the mouse moves in circles and random things get clicked on and if I'm on any website, it starts scrolling up and down on its own. (It happens whether I'm using the internet or not so I don't think it's related to that). I've found that tapping the center on the bottom can sometimes fix it but can also make it worse. This is a brand new computer and I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, so if it's a hardware problem, I can get it fixed/replaced if necessary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I called HP Support and since my computer was new and under warranty, they just replaced it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @npixiedust505,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360  and issues with the Mouse jumping around or being erratic after a Windows 10 update. Here is a document on using and troubleshooting the TouchPad  with Windows 10.

Hello @npixiedust505,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 and mouse not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the mouse and Touchpad sensitivities.

If you will go to the section on Adjusting TouchPad pointing sensitivities it should help resolve the issue.

Hope this fixes your issue with the mouse.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Did you find a resolution?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I called HP Support and since my computer was new and under warranty, they just replaced it.

HP Recommended

This happened to my laptop as well, it was under warranty and HP are repairing it by replacing a component part. Was your issue resolved after the replacement ?

HP Recommended

Yeah, they gave me an entirely new computer. I'm not sure how replacing just a part would work but it should be fine.

HP Recommended

My HP Laptop is: HP ENVY X360 CONVERTABLE

I have the same problem. Do you suggest to me to go to the store that I bought this laptop to fix my problem?

If I go to the store (leeds) they will tell me that I have to wait about a month to have my laptop back.

Why I have to wait 20-30 days for a problem that is not my fault? (HP PROBLEM)

Can anyone answer me?

Because all this time I have a lot of problems with my only 8-month Laptop!!

HP Recommended

Hi. Unfortunately, this happens with my laptop (HP SPECTRE x360 8265NGV) too !!! On every startup, regardless whether from 'shutdown' or 'hibernation' my mouse cursor goes haywire. It's erratic, and usually would snuggle up to the left or right corner. I noticed, this particularly occurs when there is a cold draft (wind) drawn onto the screen.

I really do hope you can help me to fix it. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.