Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TS 15 NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy wont turn on with the ac adapter pluged in and the battery in the laptop..i have tried the charger and its fine..the power sockets are also fine..the light beside the charger deos not even turn on when the battery is inside the laptop..as soon i take the battery out with the charger still connected , the light then turns on and the laptop then powers up when i press the power button.  when the laptop is on without the battery and i fix the battery into it, it charges for just a few seconds and stops. i cant understand this because the battery lasted for four hours without plugged in the previous night and when it when low and wanted to charge it this issue occured,,..pls need your help guys..thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Manaseh_Tello1,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer booting with the battery connected. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Manaseh_Tello1,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer booting with the battery connected. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

product number :E0M27UA#ABA

serial number : 5CG3323F9X

My computer is 64bit windows 10 pc...

hope to hear from u soon,,

thank you!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Manaseh_Tello1,

Please look at the following documents.

HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hello i tried all of those but theres is still no solution....hp battery check informs me to replace ma battery but what i dont understand is that why the laptop will not boot when i even connect ma charger when the battery is insected...at a normal course when even labtop batterues are damaged , they can still be inside the laptop and still on it without a problem...but as for mine , as soon as the battery is in the laptop it will refuse to on even when the ac adapter is connected ...pls help me thank you..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.