Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 2000 2116-TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) a few days back. Now, whenever I stream online for sometime my Notebook gets abnormally heated and automatically shuts down, despite having a cooling pad.

It has never happened before with other OS that I installed like Windows 8,  8.1, or 10. What should I do to eradicate this problem so that my Notebook doesn't unexpectedly shut down.

Please help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Blackbriar,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I have seen your issue about your HP 2000-2116TU Notebook and it having overheating issues. Here is a link that will show you how to troubleshoot the overheating.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the program on your Notebook and it will help with any software and driver updates on your system.

You could restore the BIOS to factory defaults help with this. Here is a document that will help.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Blackbriar,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I have seen your issue about your HP 2000-2116TU Notebook and it having overheating issues. Here is a link that will show you how to troubleshoot the overheating.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the program on your Notebook and it will help with any software and driver updates on your system.

You could restore the BIOS to factory defaults help with this. Here is a document that will help.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you so much for the suggestion to download the HP Support Assistant. I have downloaded it and it's working fine now.

I have an updated BIOS, F.37 version. Should I restore it to the factory settings or update it if there's an update?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Blackbriar,

Usually updates are needed. I would use the HP Support Assistant for any updates as they are designed for your Notebook.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I would do that.

Thanks a lot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.