Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

See p. 54 on the hard drive. It does plug right into the motherboard but it shows a caddy or sled which keeps it from moving around in there and the SSD is soldered to a SATA connector. Been a while since I took one of these apart. 

It is regular SATA and the size limit is what is on the market, not the hardware so you could theoretically install a 2 TB or a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. You could probably get an 80 gig SATA 2.5 inch SSD for a pittance and it would make it run as well as it is capable of running. 

The memory that you have is DDR2-800 but the system clocks it down to DDR2-533 speed. 

The power jack is soldered to the motherboard and there is no way I know to tighten it up. Lots of youtube videos on soldering on a new jack and you can find the jack for a couple bucks. It is not a job I do but I have seen it done several times and I am thinking you can probably handle it if you have soldering equipment.

If this has answered your questions please make it easier for others to find by marking "Accept as Solution". 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.