Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360

Hello,

I recently received the HP Envy x360 and was hoping it could replace by HP Touchsmart Tm2. My Touchsmart came with its own stylus, and it was pressure sensitive and great for drawing. I want to be able to have the same thing for my HP Envy. I went to Best Buy to try out the HP Active Stylus, but frankly is sucked. There was no pressure sensitivity at all. Do you know if there are any pressure sensitive styli that will work for my laptop? Or will HP be releasing one soon? I love my Touchsmart, but it doesn't seem they will be coming out with new models of that anytime soon... 😕

I don't want to go through the hassle of returning the Envy, but if I can't do art with it then I have no use for a touchscreen laptop. 

Please help!

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended
Hello there,

I personally haven't used a stylus on my laptop before, but the HP online store has a variety for you to choose from. With just the search of "stylus", I was able to find 10 pens, that will hopefully suit your needs. http://m.store.hp.com/us/en/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=stylus&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&...

Best regards,
Shawn
If I've helped you, feel free to give me kudos and accept my answer!

Best Regards,
Shawn
HP Recommended

Hi Kale,

I have the spectre x360 and bought a dell active stylus to go with it. In Australia it is the 750-AAIO model. I think it is the 750-AAGN model in the US.

This stylus works well for me, and is pressure sensitive. I don't know whether it is compatible with your 'envy' model, but if the screen has a digitiser then I suppose it should work. Please confirm before making a purchase based on this comment.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much jlonomo!

I might try the dell stylus pen then.  I was going to just return the HP Envy and get a  Lenovo Yoga, which has its own pressure sensitive pen, but I've never used Lenova before and returning is such a hassle, so maybe I will do your suggestion instead.

Thank you!!!

HP Recommended

I just received the 750-AAGN new from amazon.  It didn't work on my HP Envy x360 15"... 😞 i was so hopeful.  I have a capacitive stylus with the rubber end on it but i'm not impressed.  Its quite annoying to draw with.

Did you ever try this model out Kale? Maybe it works for you and I'm doing something wrong?

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. I have a newer HP Envy X360. HP support indicated the screen is an active digitizer screen and suggeted the HP Active Stylus. I've tried both this pen and Dell pen but the screen will not recognize either pen at all. Is there something that has to be done to initially sync the pen with the device? Some app or driver that needs to be installed? HP said all x360 screens are active digitizers but I'm starting to think that might not be the case?

HP Recommended
Oops, I've just realised that I told you lies. I thought all x360 laptops were the same, but I actually own the 'spectre', not the 'envy'. The dell active stylus definitely works with the spectre, but I can't confirm this for the envy.

I'm sorry if I mislead anyone and hope you can get your money back if you bought a stylus based on my comment. I have edited my original post.
HP Recommended

It's OK! it's just nice that we have confirmed it doesn't work for those who buy an ENVY x360.  Anyone reading this, you have to get a rubber-tip-like stylus, no pressure-sensitive pen will work.  UNLESS you get a bluetooth one one of the other more expensive pens >$50

HP Recommended

So Bluetooth stylus pens will work? 

HP Recommended

Yes, but Apps must be written to support the stylus.  That's the only catch...  Besides the price that is.  But hey! it's possible! 

Edit: That's just what I've found in my research, but haven't confirmed it for myself.  So if anyone does, please post results here! I could certainly be wrong 😛

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.