Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba032nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I would ask you if there is the possibility to replace the processor installed on my laptop 15-ba032nl.

As far as I know the mother board is a 81FA 67.43 and the installed processor is the AMD A10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G but it is not certified to install W11 so I would replace it BUT I don't know if it's possible or not and, if yes, which kind of processor I should buy.

I was trying to find info on the web withoud success, I was also trying to find out the socket type...

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is really no need to buy a new notebook to run W11.

If you are interested in installing W11 on your PC as is, you can read this discussion for how I upgraded several HP and Dell notebook and desktop PC's that did not meet the W11 hardware requirements to W11 22H2/22H3.

You have to use the version of the Rufus utility that I zipped up and attached in the discussion (v3.18).

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

If the in-place upgrade fails, you should be able to clean install W11 using the bootable W11 installation flash drive you made with Rufus.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook:

HP Notebook PC (AMD) * Models: 15-ba100 – 15-ba199 * Models: 15-ba000 – 15-ba099 * Models: 15-bf100 ...

The only way to upgrade the processor would be to replace the system board with one that comes with the A12-9700P processor.

IMHO, it would probably be difficult to find a motherboard, it is not a simple project and you would probably be throwing good money after bad for a small performance increase over the A10.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

the processor upgrade was intended to have the possibility to upgrade the Windows version from W10 to W11 as the actuall processor is not supported. Anyway, I got the point: probably is better and less expensive to buy a new laptop...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is really no need to buy a new notebook to run W11.

If you are interested in installing W11 on your PC as is, you can read this discussion for how I upgraded several HP and Dell notebook and desktop PC's that did not meet the W11 hardware requirements to W11 22H2/22H3.

You have to use the version of the Rufus utility that I zipped up and attached in the discussion (v3.18).

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

If the in-place upgrade fails, you should be able to clean install W11 using the bootable W11 installation flash drive you made with Rufus.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.