Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-f233wm (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a laptop (HP 15-f233wm) with Intel Celeron and 4GB ram. My question is if I can expand the ram to 8GB?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that is not possible.

Chapter 1, page 1 of the service manual indicates the max memory for the notebooks with the Intel Celeron processors is 1 x 4 GB.

HP Notebook - 15-f233wm (ENERGY STAR) - Setup and User Guides | HP® Support

One SODIMM non-customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slot (Pentium, Celeron processors)
DDR3L-1333 MHz dual channel support (DDR3L-1600 downgraded to DDR3L-1333)
Supports up to 4 GB max system memory (DDR3L-1600 MHz module

Several forum members have tried to install an 8 GB memory chip in that notebook, and all were unsuccessful.

Step-by-step memory upgrade - HP Support Community - 7612996

HP 15-F233WM doesn't boot with any 8G DDR3L 1600 1.35v 2Rx8 ... - HP Support Community - 8986468

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.