Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-f233wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning!

I am attempting to upgrade from 4GB  RAM to 8GB RAM.  This laptop only has one memory slot, so this is a swap.  I have made 3 attempts to boot the PC with no success on the 8GB, but when I revert to the 4GB, it boots up like usual.

Is there a step-by-step process that I should follow?

TIA!

- - Dave

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Dave (great name 😀)

Are you sure you are using DDR3L RAM and not DDR3 RAM. They are both the same size and sold with the same speeds.

Let me know the specs of the RAM you are installing.

Take care,

David

HP Recommended

Good Morning, David!

The RAM stick is labeled:

8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 SODIMM/1600MHz

2rx8 1.35v 

I realize this should be DDR3L, but doesn't the 1.35v mean the same thing?

TIA!

- - Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.