Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre 13-v011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Spectre 13-v011dx (energy star) (product number: W2K26UAR) laptop with a swollen battery. It still works but everyone on the internet said it is really dangerous to keep using so I did not charge it since I realised it was swollen few months ago. I am trying to replace it for months but I cant find a way to get a new battery. I live in Turkey but the laptop was bought from USA via Amazon. I contacted HP Turkey services and they tell me that they can not help since it was not bought from Turkey and I should ask it to the country I bought. I constantly try to find a way to contact USA HP but  I really can not find ANY way to contact a real human and tell my problem. Also it seems like there is not any contact e-mail either. I tried to buy it directly from HP Parts Store but it says “Part discontinued by manufacturer”. I even asked the local repairers all around Istanbul and they told me I should go to HP itself. I am literally stuck in this situation with a problematical device. Are there anything at all I can do now? I am a uni student and I obviously need a PC, and can not afford a brand new one.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Cartography 

Welcome to the HP Community.

The trick is to purchase a compatible battery from a seller that operates in your location.

What?

Most of us purchase a compatible battery when HP does not carry the replacement part.

Use the part number to search for the part.

For example, Amazon seems to be "everywhere" and might ship to your region.

Open

HP Spectre Notebook PC * Model numbers 13-v000 through 13-v099 HP Spectre Pro13 G1 Notebook PC - Mai...

Replacement Procedure and Part Number >> Page 26

Description                                                       Spare part number
3-cell, 45-Wh, 3.83-Ah, Li-ion battery         844199-855

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What else?

I will forward your question for Review - should anything come of the request, you will hear back.

Additional Information

===============================================

"Fat" Battery / Bloated Battery / Swollen Battery – Sealed / Internal Battery

• Swollen battery might be hiding OR there might be evidence that the battery has inflated.  For example, notebook case is warped, touchpad stops working, “odd” bulging near the keyboard.

• If the battery is in a swollen or bloated condition, the battery must be removed from the computer and replaced.  There are no other remedies, tests, or useful options.

From HP

>>> HP Support > Battery Swelling / Swollen – Start Here

HP Collection of “how-to” videos – Battery

Internal Batteries…

HP Support Channel - Collection of “how-to” videos

HP Video Gallery - YouTube

• Use Categories to narrow the results. 
  • Select your Video

Example – Category 

HP PC Service Videos | Remove and Replace Parts

Cntrl-F   Search the page for Replace the Battery or Battery

Find a similar model type to your system > Select and watch your Video

No Video for your exact system?

YouTube has many, many videos - expand your search beyond the HP gallery offerings...

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Spectre 13-v011dx (ENERGY STAR) 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello, Turkey is sometimes a tricky country to live in. None of the sellers ship here; Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress whatever shopping website you prefer… I searched for days but found none, I believe they do not pass through the customs, it is not the sellers’ fault. Thanks for the help though.

HP Recommended

@Cartography 

You are welcome.

I was afraid that is the case - you were hinting that the situation is not easily resolved.

Perhaps one of our agents will have an idea - if so, expect to hear back "here" before the agent uses other means to contact you.

Stay safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Cartography

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the replacement battery. 

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started: 

  

1) Click on this link

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step: 

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself! 

  

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, here's how private messages work: Click here for details.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.