Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a HP 15-ba079dx.  I can't find anywhere online where I can see a list of compatible wlan cards.  I've opened up the lapptop a couple of times to max out the ram and to upgrade the hdd to a ssd so I know that wlan card only has 1 antenna and is the thinner version.  I purchased a wlan card off amazon I thought was going to work but its too wide to fit into the connection slot.  

I'm hoping that I can still find a card with bluetooth and 5ghz capabilities even though there is only one antenna.   can live without 5ghz but I was really hoping for buetooth.

Anyone know a wlan card that will be compatible and give me the upgrades? The wlan card I bought from amazon is an intel card model 7260hmw. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can find a list on page #4 of a manual called Maintenance and Service Guide  (4th from the list) from the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862319/model/11528132/manuals

There is one option: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can find a list on page #4 of a manual called Maintenance and Service Guide  (4th from the list) from the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862319/model/11528132/manuals

There is one option: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thank you so much for the prompt response.  I just ordered the part now. thank you again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.