Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently found this unknown device and can't find the driver(s) for it. I have noticed some others have had the same issue, but I can't seem to download the right driver from there posts. I have disabled the device until I can figure this out or get a solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you Sir for you input. Why is this driver so hard to find? Where were you able to access it? Also, is it a necessity, or can it be turned off? (I'm sure that would be risky, based on what you said about the device's purpose.)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since you have that hardware revision of the device, I can tell that your notebook did not originally come with W10 installed.

Since you did not specify the exact model of your notebook, it is possible that this driver is included on the W8.1 driver section of your notebook's support page.

If it originally came with W8 or W7, then it may show up there too, but as an older version.

If you do not have a solid state drive installed, do not turn it off.

HP Recommended

Actually this did come with Windows 10.  According to the properties of this device, it seems to have been installed in April of 2021. It must have come from an update at that time. I have noticed a significant reduction of response times for different programs and connections since that time. Under the Task manager page, it would show Systems Interrupt which seemed to be the reason for the delay. My research found that the Systems Interrupt may have to due with a component not having the most up to date driver. Maybe that was due to this device?

HP Recommended

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

It is possible that if the device had an outdated driver, that could cause performance issues.

However, the latest driver for that device was for W8.1, and that is the driver I gave you.

HP Recommended

Well I downloaded the file you sent, but it said the software is not compatible with my computer. My product number is W2K86UA#ABA. Is there a Plan B?  ha ha ha.

HP Recommended

Please recheck the hardware ID for the device you need the driver for, because your M7-U009DX notebook would not have such a device.

It is way too new to have any device with a hardware ID of ACPI\HPQ004.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Sir. Today I noticed my Chill Pad was not operating. I think either the pad is dead, or the USB cable is no longer working. I will try to get a new cable first and then pad and see if that fixes my issue.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.