Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

After upgrading my Envy m6 11005dx notebook to WIndows 10, I m getting an intermittent error that my AMD video adapter has "stopped working" where the screen goes black for a moment and then returns. I realize this notebook was not approved for 10 upgrade, etc, but I don't want to downgrade because of a single issue. Any suggestions on how I get the video adapter driver updated? Go directly to the AMD site? Any help appreciated. - Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Jim:

AMD does have a W10 x64 driver for the AMD Radeon HD 7660G graphics adapter your notebook has.

I don't know if it will resolve the problem, but you may want to give it a try...1st driver on the page.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Jim:

AMD does have a W10 x64 driver for the AMD Radeon HD 7660G graphics adapter your notebook has.

I don't know if it will resolve the problem, but you may want to give it a try...1st driver on the page.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

That is good to know. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a shot when I'm home tonight and update the forum with my results. Thanks for the link as well.

Best,

Jim

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Jim.

HP Recommended

Paul,

When I ran the AMD driver auto detect from the AMD website, it said I already had the latest driver. Then I ran the same thing from the HP site and it said my driver was the most current. Based on both of these, I was hesitant to run the upgrade you recommended. I haven't been on the laptop enough to see if the problem will continue, but will keep the Catalyst upgrade link around just in case.

(If I run the .exe and my driver is the same, it will notify me of as much, correct?)

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi, Jim:

The driver on the link I posted is probably the same as the one you have, if you are getting that response from AMD.

Sometimes it depends on the driver program you are installing.

Some give an indication that the driver is already installed, setup will exit, and some will just merrily install and overwrite the existing driver with no change.

Check the graphics driver version and date of the driver currently installed on your PC, with the one on the link I posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.