Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Just purchased a Pavilion dm4 notebook that came with the Validity Fingerpring scanner. As soon as I bought the laptop, I was quick to install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit as my work requires the extra features in Win 7 Pro. The stock OS that was pre-installed was Win 7 Home Prem.

So here is my issue, the fingerpring scanner wont work. I have the proper driver installed from hp's website (found here) and after rebooting, it still does not work. I have installed the hp Support application that scans my notebook for the latest drivers and found no updates needed. I have not tried rolling back the driver as the option is not available (only one driver was ever installed anyways) and I have also tried uninstalling the driver, rebooting, reinstalling the driver, rebooting, and it still will not work. I have also tried doing the same just previously mention but this time running the installation as an admin (right click, "run as administrator"). Still nothing.... I also tried navigating to the driver folder on C:\ and then runing the application as an admin, but still come up short handed....

Sometimes the light will come on like its working, but when I go to use it to enroll my fingerprint it just won't do anything.

Is there another piece of software besides the drvier that I need to install to get this work?

Please help, thank you!

-Jacob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Click Start , type device in the search field, and select Device Manager from the search results list.
In the Device Manager , click Biometric to expand the list of recognized biometric sensor devices. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a Validity or Authentec sensor, depending on your notebook model.
If there is a Biometric entry, then Download and install the following software:
||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I have also tried downloading this file (Windows_WBF_TEK_4_3_34_0_Digital_Persona_FMA.zip) from Validity's website directly (found here). Also no luck.

HP Recommended
Click Start , type device in the search field, and select Device Manager from the search results list.
In the Device Manager , click Biometric to expand the list of recognized biometric sensor devices. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a Validity or Authentec sensor, depending on your notebook model.
If there is a Biometric entry, then Download and install the following software:
||

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

Thank You very much. Should have turned here BEFORE I spend 45 mins on hp Support Chat...

Again, working now like a charm, and again, thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended

Glad to know that it is working again..... have a great day ahead..

||

HP Recommended

Dear HP GUIDER,

I have a HP dv6-2110eo Notebook. All the drivers are properly installed but the Validity Sensor (VFS301) is not working because i have not found its software from any site.Please help me to guide with a link from where i download the software n run it on machine.

Regards,

Engr. Saad Kaleem

HP Recommended
  1.  I am using hp dm4-1006tu. Its validity sensor is shown in device manager with upto date drivers, but its not ON means its not working in any way,no led light is being shown on swapping finger.
  2.  I downloaded and installed both HP simplepass and Validity sensor drivers,but at last i got dissappointment only.
  3. Also my bios doesnt show any biometric sensors in system configuration,as given in other threads to check.
  4.  I am using windows 8 developer preview 64 bit,but in logon screen the validity sensor device is being shown but as suspended,and same while opening HP Simplepass application manually.
  5. And digital persona doesnt work on my windows version.
  6. Please help me out...
HP Recommended

i purchased a new Hp pavilion dm4 and am having problems with activating my finger print sensor, i have installed the appropraite software (sp47904), but is still eant work correct pls i need ur urgrnt assistant. Thank you

HP Recommended

i too have the same problem on my dm4  - 1350en,my fingerprint reader is not recognised and i have the correct drivers from hp site installed..i have hp simplepass 2011 installed but it does not recognize the reader, it simply displays this''sensor not connected.please connect sensor and try again."

HP Recommended

@Saad88 wrote:

Dear HP GUIDER,

I have a HP dv6-2110eo Notebook. All the drivers are properly installed but the Validity Sensor (VFS301) is not working because i have not found its software from any site.Please help me to guide with a link from where i download the software n run it on machine.

Regards,

Engr. Saad Kaleem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.