Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6 - A1U55AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Completed the upgrade to Windows 10. Machine is now very slow to wake from sleep. Full resume takes about 2 minutes. When resume starts, touchpad lights up but screen stays black. It seems that the machine is going through some type of process that takes long. I noticed that the graphics drivers for AMD were updated. I tried to reinstall the old AMD drivers but the install failed. Could the graphics drivers be causing the problem? What other drivers that might have been updated could cause the problem?

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with a Pavilion DV6 I7-2630QM

HP Recommended

My situation just got more "interesting".

Yesterday (Aug 5) - Resume from sleep was fast and as expected.

Today (Aug 6) - Resume from sleep back to being very slow.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem on Pavillion dv7. I have tried various solution and drive updates. HP appears to not have Windows 10 drivers yet. It only shows drivers for Windows 7.  to get around I have changed power settings to never sleep.

HP Recommended

I have resolved the problem on my HP Pavilion DV6. I deleted the graphics drivers then rebooted, allowing Windows to reinstall them.

Since then resume from Sleep has been much quicker (just a few seconds) and the speed of a complete Restart has also increased significatly.

HP Recommended

Later news! 

The problem driver was the AMD Radeon 6700M series ver 15.200.1062.1003.

The slow resume from sleep and similar delay in startup was resolved by disabling ULPS. 

See this URL in the AMD community forum https://community.amd.com/thread/184727

HP Recommended

I am going to make the change for ULPS and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion!

I will post back after a few days about my results.

HP Recommended

Hi

I am having the same problem on my Pavilion dv6-6016tx (Core i5 2nd Generation, 8GB RAM). Disabling ULPS does not work and I have 2 display adapters:

Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series

How exactly did you uninstall the display drivers?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

VS

HP Recommended

Hi All

My problem was sorted out after the following update was installed:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081438)

Cheers

VS

HP Recommended

Hi All

Another Windows Update:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081444)

made the problem come back. The ULPS method does not resolve the issue! Please help!

VS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.