Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Dear Cheryl,

I tried to hide updates...Unfortunately, they show up after every restart.

I will also wait for a fix for this issue.

HP Recommended

The H.P Development Company L.P.- System -5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM- 6.0.21.1(3) has now  updated on windows & is installed with a restart after installing the update.

It seams to be updating at last and no more issues with this windows update.

Thankyou and hope this helps.

Bigdar:smileyvery-happy:

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Sorry Bigdar, but the problem is still the same, I am still getting:

"There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247"

HP apparently did not sove any problem yet.

HP Recommended

i am currently having the same issues. i recently bought this laptop and have had nothing but problems updating it. between bios issues and failed updates it gets quite annoying. i am having this error currently and several other errors with this pc. is there an eta on a fix for this update?

HP Recommended
I'm currently having problems with and update that I was forced to do on 9th sept. Now it's not loading up. It takes 5/6 minutes to load and constantly disconnecting me from the internet. I literally just brought this laptop and I've had nothing but problems I'm not happy.
HP Recommended

@ChloeFaux

You can uninstall the Update that is giving you problems. I assume it was a Windows Update and not an HP Support Asssitant update?

Click the icon in far right corner of the taskbar-beside the time/date icon-then click All Settings. In the window that opens click on Update & Security. In the window that opens click on "Update history". Next window shows updates and has Uninstall option.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
I have just done that. It's just restarted and still taking 5/6 minutes to load
HP Recommended

2017-09-10.png

as soon as i uninstall it its installing itself again?? please help!!!

HP Recommended

2017-09-10.png

as soon as i uninstall it its installing itself again?? please help!!!

HP Recommended

@ChloeFaux 

That is a Windows Security Update and as such may not be able to avoid it. Not sure if the troubleshooter tool from MS will work but worth a try.

>Download Windows 10 Updates Troubleshooter Tool from Microsoft<

Run it and click on "Hide updates" option ,hopefully you'll be able to hide desired update  in the list.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.