Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-Ay044Ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi guys.

i have bought a HP notebook 15-Ay044Ne with Graphics card radeon R7 M440 the problem is that in the specification of the graphics card's bus interface is : PCIe 3.0 x8 but it is actualy Bus Interface: PCIe 3.0 x4 so the performance is soo weak and lower than i expected

so i need someone help me to increase it from x4 to x8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How do you know it is x4 and not x8? Assuming you are right there is not going to be any way to change it. If you can show that it is advertised as an x8 slot and is actually an x4 then I would think you are entitled to return it for refund, but I cannot commit HP would do that.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

How do you know it is x4 and not x8? Assuming you are right there is not going to be any way to change it. If you can show that it is advertised as an x8 slot and is actually an x4 then I would think you are entitled to return it for refund, but I cannot commit HP would do that.  

HP Recommended

in radeon settings/ hardware it is mentioned PCI Express 3.0 X4 however, on site like techpowerup.com and it's app mentioned it support 3.0X8 but its current is 3.0 x4  for me it doesnt matter any more someone told me even if it was x8    R7 M440 card is weak and i wont feal the differance 😕pic 1.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.