Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

i have a hp g62 notebook and the warranty expired 2 months ago

the problem is that the pc gets chargex for x period then it stops for a while, it starts again or not, depends

sometimes may charge a little

it is not charger as i have tried a new one

it is not battery as i tried without it

it is not software related (i think) because even when it is powered off it happens, also i have restored default battery settings

today i did a bios update and still no result.

please help me

i byed the pc on greece and i live in albania, so in albania is not a specialized laptop service or there arent hp centers.

please please help, i have 2 months like this :smileyembarrassed:

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Here is a solution that has worked in the past, so it's worth trying.

1. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, and remove the battery.

2. Hold the power button for thirty seconds.

3. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

4. Boot the notebook up and see if the battery will charge now.

Let me know if that solution works for you or not. Best of luck!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

could this be true or done with a hp g71 series laptop cause i have the same issue new charger new battery

charges a few seconds then stops

HP Recommended

Hey sholin1949, 

I'm sorry you're running into this charging issue.

Yes those steps can be used with any notebook. I would also recommend the steps from the following website, if the above steps don't resolve the issue.

Plugged in, Not Charging Windows 7 Solution

The 'plugged in, not charging' issue could be attributed to corrupt ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) which is low-level software that controls how the computer handles all things power related. Sometimes the ACPI drivers need to be reinstalled. Use the steps on that website to uninstall and reinstall the ACPI drivers to see if this corrects the issue.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any questions 🙂

HP Recommended

Got my pc a year ago 350e, a day i fall asleep and laptop was on and looks like i dropped it down when i was sleeping
2 days later that problem showed, it starts charging, after a while it stopped
or even not start charging at all
I took my pc into the country i byed it to fix it, when my frend send it, acsidentaly broke the sreen
either.. All got 'fixed' by 150e
3 days ago got my pc back and just now that problem came again

from my tests it's not battery or charger as i removed battery and tried a new charger
now i have ty get a new charger to try if they fixed it and problem is at charger
The servis said the charge does not charge battery well

now wheres the problem, charging wall or motherboard, should i fix it or buy a new pc 😕

----------------

calculated the charger and is giving 18.5/18.7A when 19A reads on charger

i think is the inside fault

what should i do?

HP Recommended

Hey kelido, 

I'm sorry you're running into this charging issue. It could be the DC jack, DC jack cable, or the motherboard itself. If the repair shop isn't near you and you have to spend a lot of money on repair and shipping, it may be in your best interest to just put that money toward a new computer. 

The quick fixes are the battery and the charger, and if you can't resolve it by replacing either of those, it's going to take a lot more in depth troubleshooting and repair work. The money it would cost for repair and shipping would be better invested in a brand new computer, because one component may be replaced, then you get it back and it may turn out to be a different component. 

HP Recommended

Well actually thats too not working for me

Any other solutions that can be tried???

Pls reply ASAP

Cant tolerate this issue 

HP Recommended
I've tried all the necessary steps but the problem still persists. Please help me out
HP Recommended

@flocao

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I Understand the laptop is plugged into the adapter/charger but it doesn't charge as it normally should,

Don't worry, though, as I have a few more steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue.
The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Battery Charging Delayed When Operating Notebook in High Ambient Temperatures

Battery Does Not Charge when Using a Voltage Adapter with the Power Adapter

Battery Indicator Light Turns On and Off While Battery is Charging

To understand more about how your battery works: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
is it possible for the battery to stop work due to warranty or update issues??
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.