Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP Wifi Mobile Mouse for about little more than 2 months.  Model number is LH571AA. It works fine till today. I can not get it paired. On HP Mouse control center 2.3 it showed "SoftAP is not available. My laptop wifi works fine. Can any one tell how to resolve it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Chuon,

What version of Windows are you using?  Your not the only one having this issue.

SoftAP from what I understand only worked for the earlier version on Win7 but was not without problems.

Look at this thread. There are multiple solutions listed in the 12 pages of the thread (See page 810 and 11). It includes everything from going to the Device Manager/Network Adapter and enabling "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter" to runnig CMD prompts.

Each solution worked for some but not others. It will be a trial and error effort.

There was no One-Fix-All for this.

If the link helps at all, throw me some Kudos.

Good luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.