Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I downloaded the files from HP. I did a search for Wi-fi Mobile Mouse and selected the black one.   I have tried multiple times to get the PC to pair with the old mouse to no avail. I was then unable to get the 2nd mouse to pair so I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  I had also updated the driver on the adapter as mentioned in an earlier posting.  I will leave another psot in afew days to state if the mouse still connects.

HP Recommended

I cannot believe the number of posts on this issue

This reference to SoftAP actually works in so much as it gets rid of the dreaded SoftAP logo and allows the mouse to be paired, but that is it   the mouse although paired still does not work correctly, even if you make a visit to HP site  and download any updates 

HP Recommended

It has been two weeks sinc ei did the last update with the mouse drivers and the adapter. Since that time the mouse has worked perfectly through repeated shutdowns and startups.

HP Recommended

It has been a long tedious task. The HP WIFI mouse has been abused when the fault was NOT HP.

Windows updates to Win7 and Win8 have added internal SoftAP support. HP originally paired with OSMO to supply SoftAP support. OSMO and Windows were conflicting. With the "latest" WIN8 updates OSMO is no longer needed and

needs to be removed. I believe that HP had no intrest in continuing the development and so will not supply a WIN* installation solution so we are on our own. My experience was to remove OSMO requires three system reboots (Mouse suite also has to be removed and reinstalled.

This means

1)remove both products (RESTART)

2) use control panel>device manager>network adapters>microsoft virtual wifi to enable WIN* internal Softap

3) use netsh wlan stop/start hostednetwork to verify the configuration is working

4) Install HP mouse suite (RESTART)

5) remove OSMO (RESTART)

6) run mouse suite and connect wifi mouse

IS IT WORTH IT? you decide ....................
HP Recommended

Hey, I have the same problem; 'Softap is not available at this time.' on the HP mouse suit 2.3. I did the Command promp 'netsh wlan stop hostednetwork'

but when I try to do the 'netsh wlan start hostednetwork' it says 'You must run this command from a command promp with administrator privelage.' I'm a newbie to computing, so if anybody replies, make it step-by-step, please!

HP Recommended

For Enchantedsyrup:

My advice to you is regain your sanity by soaking the HP WIFI mouse in your enchanted syrup and get a wireless mouse that hooks up using a USB port.

The SOFTAP is a relic from early window7 and does not exist (under that name) in WIN8. Microsoft has improved the direct connection of a device to a PC using WIFI but the HP WIFI mouse still has problems which HP is not interested in correcting.

Most devices connect to a "network" via a router and are available as a shared resource. This connection  is a full  ISO protocol with error recovery.......   The direct PC WIFI connection the HP mouse uses is much simpler protocol and still fails when the PC's WIFI network connection is busy.

HP Recommended

windows 7 32-bit

Dell XPS M1530

Conexión de red Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Cant get this to work

HP Recommended
Student

ppglz  wrote

windows 7 32-bit

Dell XPS M1530

Conexión de red Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Cant get this to work

Response:

Take it back to the store and exchange it for a wireless with a dongle.

HP Recommended

The "FN+ F9 & F10 & F11" no longer work on my machine. These functions black out the screen and adjust brightness.  In device manager i have 4 keyboards listed and under Mice I had 3 listed.  I deleted all but one of each. I then downloaded and tried to reinstall SP44493, the keyboard & Mouse driver and get a message that the update was unable to complete "529". I did try the CD FN Keys and they Play, Pause, and Skip to Next track but will not eject.  I am afraind to go into the Device Manager and delete the remaining HIS Keyboards Device and HID Compliant Mouse but should I do that and then reboot and the reboot process will reinstall the 2 items.  Then try the SP44493 drver again?  I suppose the worst situation is to recover the unit to out of box but then I will need to go through hours of Windows Updating. Any help or advice is appreciated.

HP Recommended
Sorry for posting this in the wrong section. I have created a new post with this same information in the proper section
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.