Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Here is Microsoft description  (Wireless hosted networks) for those who want tech info.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd815243%28VS.85%29.aspx

HP Recommended

I'm not sure If this issue has been solved or not, but I had the same problem because I decided to "disconnect" so to speak, my own laptop from the "network".  Not sure what the proper jargon is for it exactly, but I was still connected to the internet via the normal internet connection I have.   

To fix the issue I simply went to "Device Manager", and went to "Network adapters" and right clicked "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter" and selected "Enable".  Once I did this, the HP Wifi software is now able to reconnect my Wifi Mouse without any problems.

I am using Windows 7 64bit on a Samsung Series 9 Laptop. (not the newer series 9) older black series.

Not sure if that will resolve all the issues out there, but It's worth a look at in case you do what I did.

Good Luck!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information sounds like Win7 and Win8 are both updsted to run SoftAP. It also reduces the need for all the steps I took Thanks

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 and I still get the error message: "SoftAp not available." Why is that? When I first purchased my wifi mouse, it worked fine, but now, all of a sudden, it have been giving that message. What can I do about it to fix it?

HP Recommended

to blckphoneix357

When you go to control panel/device manager/network adapters what adapters are listed?

HP Recommended

It lists the following: DW 1503 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card, Microcrosoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter, and Realtec PCIe FE Family Controller

HP Recommended

You are a genius! I used your advice, and it worked!! Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

to  blckphoneix357

try a right click  on (Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini) and choose update drivers let me know what happens

HP Recommended

Based on the last view comments I decided to try the mouse again. I checked HO and found an updated driver and updated firmware.  I installed the new drive and the mouse connected immediately.  I then tried to connect the original mouse I purchased and it woudl not connect. I wa sonly able to get the replacement unit to conncect.  I rebooted a few time sand it still is connected. I then tried to run the Firmware Update.  It found the mouse immediately and said it would update from Version 2.01.03.015 to 2.01.03.027. I clicked update, The red progress bar proceeded about half way across and then I received an Update Failed error (error:27)  I tried multiple times with no success.  Any ideas?

HP Recommended

to allenm28

To begin with could you post the web location you downloaded the updates from. This will help everyone here.

As to the firmware update .....  I also have two mice. I updated the firmware in one and it has never worked again.

The other mouse (have had both for over a year) with its old firmware is still working. 

I am using Win8 for the past week or so Microsoft has been doing system updates which have interfered with the

mouse working. Each time this happens the network adapters under Device Manager show changes. The latest

occurance had an error of  "No Network Adapter Found" . I fiddled with the network adaptes and got it to work again.

GOOD DAY

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.