Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I received a HP Pavilion 11-h110ca x2 PC from my wife for my Birthday, anyways, by the time I installed windows8 and did all the updates, I only have 14 gig left on the 64GB SSD.

I was wondering if I would be able to upgrade to a 256GB SSD, if so, what or how do I do this?

Thanks

Chuck Battams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @ChuckBattams,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand you have questions about upgrading the size of the SSD in your Pavilion x2 notebook.

The notebook supports up to 128GB m2 SATA SSD. Note that an m2 SATA drive is slimmer than a standard notebook drive as it has to fit in the tablet portion of the notebook so be cautious searching for an upgrade. The notebook should theoretically work with a larger SSD, however I can only confirm that it will work with up to 128GB as listed in the service guide for your device.

You can see detailed instructions on replacing the SSD on page 44 here: HP Pavilion 11 x2 PC - Maintenance and Service Guide.

Note the part number 742736-001 listed for the 128GB m2 SATA drive.

Hope this helps.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @ChuckBattams,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand you have questions about upgrading the size of the SSD in your Pavilion x2 notebook.

The notebook supports up to 128GB m2 SATA SSD. Note that an m2 SATA drive is slimmer than a standard notebook drive as it has to fit in the tablet portion of the notebook so be cautious searching for an upgrade. The notebook should theoretically work with a larger SSD, however I can only confirm that it will work with up to 128GB as listed in the service guide for your device.

You can see detailed instructions on replacing the SSD on page 44 here: HP Pavilion 11 x2 PC - Maintenance and Service Guide.

Note the part number 742736-001 listed for the 128GB m2 SATA drive.

Hope this helps.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am looking at purchasing this Dirve I know you can't verify that the 240 GB will work. but the enclosure size is my concern.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.