Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

F FAQ 

Questions:

1. In ' Control Panel ' under ' Biometric Devices ' I don't see my fingerprint. I only see information that this device is not detected.

Biometric Devices.png

2. DigitalPersona informs that the fingerprint sensor was not detected.

Answers:

Ad. 1

The current version of DigitalPersona isn't integrated with Windows 7. That's why your fingerprint does not appear there like when you are using the AuthenTec TrueSuite software.

How you may check does the software works well?

If your fingerprint isn't detected by DigitalPersona then the icon of this program looks like this:

4.11  fingerprint not recognized.png

4.11 fingerprint not recognized.png

If your fingerprint is detected by DigitalPersona then the icon of this program looks like this:

4.11 fingerprint  recognized.png

4.11 fingerprint recognized.png

Ad. 2

This is usually caused by the Windows Firewall, which is by default switched on in the Windows 7 system. You will need to unblock some files in this application to ensure correct work of your fingerprint software and the driver.

In the below link you may check how to do it:

How to Add or Remove a Windows Firewall Exception in Windows 7

List of files which you need to unblock:

• C:\Program Files\Fingerprint Sensor\AtService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpAgent.exe
  • C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHostW.exe
  • C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpDashBoard.exe
  • C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpRegApp.exe
  • C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DPRunDll.exe

The same thing you need to do perform if you are using any 3rd party (other) firewall software.

If you don't want to do all this stpes you may always switch off Windows Firewall, but when you will do this your system will be vulnerable to attacks from outside (less secure). This solution is not recommended.

Resource:

How to Turn Windows Firewall On or Off in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thank you vey much.

My HP Pavillion PV4-1520TX can run fingerprint right now.

HP Recommended

Hay to all

i have  problem it's says

Enrollment cancelled...The reader is not connected. Connect the readerplease

i need help 

i  have HP pavilion 9000 win 7 with fingerprint

HITMAN
HP Recommended

i downloaded and installed AuthenTec driver and Digtalpersona Personal software posted here but Digital persona still not detecting the finger print reader

HP Recommended

I have been dealing with this problem for months without success. I have tried to make this thing to work in around 20 pavilion laptos (dv6000 and dv9000) at my wifes office, all of them upgraded from WinVista to Win7 Ultimate... None of those fingerprint readers worked with DigitalPersona and Windows7.

HP phone support for pavilion.. they dont know a thing about this issue. (many agents did not even know what DigitalPersona is)

But here is something that simply "surprised" big time today. Someone at this office just decided to BUY the software from DigitalPersona.com, the cost was less than US$15.00. And guess what!?

It worked :smileyindifferent: . smoothly, without problems at all. One install and ready to go!

Now I remember that in my personal laptop DV6700, the fingerprint reader worked way better in Win7 Release Candidate than what it did in its original Windows Vista. But since I loaded Windows 7 HomePremium and Windows 7 Ultimate it doesnt work at all. Unfortunately I did not record want driver and DigitalPersona versions I used at Win7 RC.

Do you HP guys have something to say (before I decide to go to buy the DigitalPersona thing) ?

HP Recommended

@Hamlet77

Try soluton from first page in this thread.

You may find latest report from user with authentec fingerprint then this solution is working here .

One extra information for You. I'm not HP employee.

I'm helping people here as a volunteer.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with dv6000. I installed drivers and DigitalPersona step by step and now when laptop start and I have logon screen (win 7 pro) I can logon by fingerprint, but after system full start DP don't see fingerprint.

When I turn off AuthenTec Fingerprint Service and again turn on ever thing is OK to the next system restart.

Some idea?

HP Recommended

@chomarus

Hi,

Tnx for posting about this problem. I'm currently testing new driver.

Download link below:

AuthenTec fingerprint  driver here  (installator ver 8.5.4.46 with driver ver 8.5.0.251)

Please test it and report back about Your results.

Note:

Remember to uninstall old drivers and software first (this is not standard uninstallation process):

How to uninstall AuthenTec fingerprint software and driver

Edit:

This driver is now added to the guide.

HP Recommended

I install new driver with full uninstallation procedure and I have the same problem. Only manually restart ATService help.

HP Recommended

The file DigitalPersona Personal ver 4.10.3790

for 32 bit is corrupted and can't be downloaded. Please upload the file in any site.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.