Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy Model: 15-u110dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I got this Hp ENVY, Model 15-u110dx laptop recently. When I try to use the  Laptop in TENT mode, screen is not rotating.

I dont use this option much. It was working before normally. But suddenly, I dont see the screen to rotate when I try to use laptop in TENT or Tablet mode.

I searched the formum for such similar issue and I dont see anyone has reported that earrlier.

Please adivce. 

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hi @Jeevanand ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Envy X360  and the option not working in Tent mode. This function will be disabled in Tent mode. Only in Tablet mode.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I just got a hp envy x360 m6-w101dx  and when  I turn the laptop on tent  mode, screen is not rotating. 

Please Help me solve this issue. What I have to do to make it work?

Thanks

Gratica

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Hey @Gratica,

Please read my previous post.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Why is this not working any more?  This worked in Windows 8.1

HP Recommended

You need to put the computer in TABLET mode! In the bottom right corner of the screen net to the time/date there is a box with lines. select this then select tablet mode. This should allow the screen to rotate!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, at least not on my Envy using Windows 10.  Anyone else have an idea as to how this can be resolved?

HP Recommended

This does not work.  Where is the "tent" mode? Do not have a setup for it.  Only  a "display"? or "tablet" mode when searching the user guide. Help!

HP Recommended

FOUND THE ANSWER to my question:smileyvery-happy:!

Go to:  Control Panel - Appearance and Personalizatin - Display - Screen Rotation

Put a check next to "Allow screen to auto-rotate" 

Click: Apply

HP Recommended

See my solution posted earlier.  It worked for me. :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.