Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Still waiting for HP Tech 3 to advise !!

Did get a weird NO BOOT finally again , and this time I counted the flashing on the centre LED's , which was 3 flashes , so it seems it sometimes has a Memory Module issue ? If I start to get it regularly at boot time I will  remove, clean module connections with some IsoPropyl Alcohol and see if that helps.

Dave.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Just an update , well got a phone call today from a worried customer support. representative. "The case is not closed and why have I not followed T2 support suggestion", which was reinstalling from scratch, OS and HP drivers and "bloatWare".

I told them because T2 never bothered to check this forum thread where they would have seen that the solution they suggested had been tried with no success. I was promised that this would be brought to the attention of a higher authority at HP for further investigation. I think HP knows the problem, have not been able to resolve it yet and are hoping we give up. That is why they are beating around the bush with this.

In one of my e-Mails to HP I told them that customers with the following machines had reported these or similar issues in this and on other "HP Support Forum" threads. Dave I think this is the info you where looking for.

dv6-6102ax

dv7-6185us Pavillon

Elitebook 8560p

Elitebook 8740w Quad Core

EliteBook 8440p

8460p

ProBook 4520s

ProBook 4530s

Elitebook 2760P

Will keep you posted on any constructive progress or trivials from HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Renamo,

Nice to see you are still about 🙂

Just went and viewed my support case and noticed that tech had been viewing my case again as you can see when it has been updated , it was todays date BUT nothing has been added or changed ?

This has happened once or twice now ! 

It seems as though they keep changing the date ,as in updating but with no info ? Maybe this stops any alarms going off at HP that a support case is being ignored/going stale ?

I do hope that they can figure this out soon , will return and let you all know, if I get any updates .

Dave.

P.S. Thanks for the list , hopefully some of the watchers can add some more models for us.

HP Recommended

Dave: Where do you go to check the status of your case?

Regards

Sami

HP Recommended

Sami,

I go here : HP Support Center Home

https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/

and then click on the " My Support " Tab along the top.

Obviously you need to be signed in with your HP Passport login first , and as soon as I do I see a list under " Recent Cases / Case ID " that shows ALL cases I have opened with HP and I can look at OLD as well as NEW cases.

I have registered ALL my laptops on this , via the Contracts and Warranties link , you may or may not have to do this to use this feature , but it is well worth doing if you haven't , as this gives you one place for all info etc . It is predominantly for Business machines but I have my daughters DV7t-2185dx on there aswell , and thats a Media Laptop.

It is very easy to do,all you need is the serial and product number off bottom of Laptop , no purchase details needed.

Dave.

HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info. Will see what I can do with it as I need to link my warrenties and care packs etc. before I can use it.

Regards Sami

HP Recommended

Hi All ,

Having heard very little from Tech Support I was feeling a bit down hearted , BUT , today they came back and asked for a new IDR log and some more up to date  EV logs :Surprise:

What they think they will find in these that they do not already have  ?? Your guess is as good as mine , because I looked at them before sending them and they are the same as the last set , the only change is the date :LaughingTears:

Maybe they will read some of them this time  ??

Dave.

HP Recommended
hi guys how u all doin, my 2760p is clean from errors now, i just updated all my installed drivers and software (including bios) now its working fine with the new update.

thank you HP and thank you to you all contributed contacting hp too.
HP Recommended

@ricx

Glad to see you sorted your errors 🙂

Do you run the HP Power Assistant ( HPPA ) on your 2760p ?

Unfortunately you hit the nail right on the head when you said you updated to a new BIOS , I think this is where our errors come from ultimately BUT we don't have an update available as of yet.

Maybe HP will give us an update for our BIOS's as it seems they have fixed the 2760p BIOS ?

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Dave.

HP Recommended
HP Support Assistant has started to download a BIOS update which then fails to install. According to the 8440p download page I have the latest BIOS (F.21).
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.